Trisha, Martina Cancel SeaWorld Performances; Steve Earle to Host Songwriting Camp; New Music Videos
Yesterday afternoon, Ray Price’s son, Cliff, posted to Facebook that his father had passed. However, Ray’s wife, Janie, refuted that statement, posting that while her husband was faltering, he was still alive. The Texas Music Scene with Ray Benson did a nice little video profile of Price. John Mellencamp has written 85 songs to choose from for his next project and […]
Our own Karlie recently got engaged, so we thought we’d whip up a Friday Five in honor of the happy couple and their impending nuptials. Also, we’re too cheap to buy an actual wedding present. Best wishes to Karlie and Ben; may you have a lifetime of love, happiness, and pedal steel. 5. Martina McBride […]
If one’s level of fame was proportional to one’s talent and hard work, Heather Myles would be one of the biggest stars in country music. She’s spent the past two decades playing dusty honky tonks and releasing excellent, Bakersfield-influenced albums that, for the most part, have flown under the radar. She’s still persevering, though, and […]
When fans tune in to the live broadcast of the reopening of the Opry House on GAC tonight, Lucas Hendrickson says they might not notice much difference in the refurbished stage, but the performers will notice a redesigned backstage: Gone are the harshly lit corridors and cramped dressing spaces. In their place are 18 themed […]
Jason Michael Carroll Leaves Record Label; Dove Awards Nominees Announced; Johnny Bush Celebrates 75 Years
Jason Michael Carroll updated his Twitter account to let fans know that his label gave him the boot: “Unfortunately, Arista & I have decided to go our seperate ways! They called & said that they would be moving forward without me!” DFW.com’s Preston Jones and DC9 at Night’s Noah W. Bailey reviewed a recent Merle […]
The People Choose Carrie Underwood; Nashville Scene Publishes Critics’ Poll; Music Fog Covers MusicFest
Last night’s People’s Choice Award winners included: Carrie Underwood for favorite country artist, Taylor Swift for favorite female artist, and Keith Urban for favorite male artist. The Infamous Stringdusters have a busy year scheduled, starting with a Wednesday night residency at the Station Inn throughout January. The group’s new album Things That Fly is slated […]
The first decade of the 21st century was a tumultuous one for country music. Piracy exploded, iPods ascended, and within a few years the genre had bid adieu to three of its biggest stars–Garth Brooks, who retired after the release of 2001’s Scarecrow (his final studio album); Shania Twain, who retreated after 2002’s Up!; and […]
This July marks the 40 year anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission in which man first set foot on the moon. And what better way to celebrate than with a lunar-loving playlist? Pop in those earbuds, fix yourself a big glass of Tang, and do a little stargazing this month. 40. “Defy the Moon” – […]
New releases for the week of May 5, 2009 include: Bobby Duncan – Faith, Hope and Everything Else Amazon | MySpace Bourbon Crow – Long Way To the Bottom Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Buzz Cason – Busload of Love Amazon | MySpace David Davis & The Warrior River Boys – Two Dimes & A […]
The origins of April Fool’s Day are somewhat murky, with some historians dating its beginnings as far back as Chaucerian England. Wherever and whenever this holiday came from, one thing is certain: when it comes to fools, country music’s got ‘em covered. Foolish in love, life, and damn near everything else, a fool is one […]
- luckyoldsun: That Bobby Bare/Bill Parsons story has been often told, but I still don't quite understand how two then-nobodies could go …
- Leeann: The Jack Clement album is quite good!
- Donald: "Ryan Adams announced .... the August 19 release of “1984,'" Which, I'm told, is the fifteen years later update of his …
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Delighted to hear that Hot Rize have a new album coming out – and thanks for the link to that …
- luckyoldsun: Nobody can do Karaoke George Jones like Kershaw!
- Bruce: LW, Don't apologize for your Bryant comment. You were more gracious than I would have been.
- Bruce: My vote is for Marty Stuart for his exhaustive body of work that is directional yet diversified.
- Leeann: Dang! Let me write my above sentence again!: Kelley MicKwee’s album is sounding good so far too. I really like “Beautiful …
- paul w dennis: The Kershaw album is really noteworthy for its song selections. Other than "I'll Share My World With You", it omits …
- Leeann: The Sammy Kershaw tribute to George Jones is pretty good on first listen. Of course, Sammy's no George, but their …