The first quarter of 2012 has brought a wealth of enjoyable new albums that have filled our ears and emptied our wallets. Special Consensus’ vibrant new record, their sixteenth, might be the best of that bunch. Over the course of its 37 years, Special Consensus has had its share of personnel changes, with several of [...]
In the Prime Cuts series, we’ll take a look at songs that didn’t show up on country radio, staying under the radar on records packed to the brim with memorable tunes. Album by album, we’ll point out the quiet keepers of some of our favorite artists, and hopefully these songs will reintroduce you to artists [...]
Few things have more of an impact on the human psyche than the passing of our loved ones, including those that have acted as our inspirations. In song, their collective stories live on in our hearts and our heads. Each note can remind us where we have come from and move us in ways we [...]
- Jon: Nope.
- Luckyoldsun: Sounds good. Is she--or her husband--related to Dallas? (I'll assume not to Joe.)
- Luckyoldsun: R-- Sounds like you're expanding your palate. "60′s style California hippie vibe" sounds like something you'd have banned from your playlist.
- Rick: I like the production, the excellent guitar picking, and Rebecca has a nice voice with individuality, but the song structure ...
- Rick: That Buddy Emmons tribute album sounds kinda interesting. I just might have to give it a listen when it's available. Congratulations ...
- Jon: Jack Bernhardt is the bomb.
- Bruce: Good article on Rucker. I do not care for all his songs and he is far from my favorite. I ...
- Kelly D.: Dig the Whiskey Sisters and the write-up from ol' Jim C.
- Bruce: "Why do people talk about the authenticity and/or genuineness of others with whom they’ve had no direct, normal social interaction ...
- Luckyoldsun: Hank III says "Old Junior once said it best,"--Is that some sort of rapprochement in the Williams family soap opera? It's ...