In Wednesday’s news, Brody covered hip-hop music critic Nathan Rabin’s latest installment of his weekly(ish) column Nashville or Bust. Before each of his weekly essays, a boilerplate-type paragraph explains this unlikely country music candidate’s mission. Starting back on March 3, Rabin decided to “spend a year immersing himself in the canon of country music, a […]
Every now and again you’ll experience the kind of heartbreak that makes you want to drown yourself. I’m not talking about the metaphorical kind of drowning of sorrows with whiskey and wine, but actual, Virginia Woolf style, rocks-in-pockets drowning. Have no fear; these five intrepid singers have been there before. So step away from the […]
In movies, country music is flashy Nudie suits, thick accents and troubled childhoods. In Nashville, it’s barrooms, cash cows and demo tapes by the dozen. In pop music circles, it’s hokey, old-fashioned and the quintessential line “I like all music…but country.” Country music can arguably be all (or none) of these things, but they still […]
Canadian singer-songwriter Corb Lund singed a deal with New West Records and plans to release a new album this fall. A tribute to steel-guitarist Don Helms will be held in Nashville on March 8 and will feature performances from Ray Price and Bobby Bare. (via Country Weekly) Dailey & Vincent scored six awards at the […]
The fifteen-disc bootleg of the so-called “Mother’s Best Flour Show” recordings has been floating around the internet for nearly a decade now, while numerous lawsuits were duked out by Hank Jr. and his half-sister Jett (the daughter Hank Sr. never knew) as the Williams estate tried to establish sole ownership of the recordings. Although the […]
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …
- bll: I'm happy for any new music from Trisha. I hope MCA doesn't decide to repackage her old stuff and release …
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …
- Linda Salmons: Whoaa!!!! Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Beautiful tone and nuance - unmistakably Auldridge.
- Michael A.: Billboard also posted a pretty good piece on the new Trisha Yearwood album yesterday. Unfortunately, it sounds like only …
- Kathy Gaddis: Very very nice!
- bob: Good day with news of PrizeFighter Trisha and Drunken Martina.
- John Fuller: Oh yeah!! Crispy sweet!
- Rick Mifflin: Sublime