Brooks & Dunn are scheduled to release a 30-track hits compilation titled #1s … and then some on Sept. 8. The duo’s current single, “Indian Summer,” and “Honky Tonk Stomp” will be the only new material. Visit GAC for the complete track listing. Whitney Duncan goes skinny dippin’ in her new video for “Skinny Dippin’.” […]
After 36 years of publication, Radio & Records is calling it quits. The current state of affairs has left The Nielsen Company with no other alternative but to immediately cease all services, products and events related to Radio & Records. The magazine’s final edition is the June 5 issue. Electronic products end today, the Web […]
Country-pop singer Dan Seals passed away at the age of 61 after a battle with cancer. He turned to country music in the 1980s and had 11 number one singles that decade. Watch the video for one of his hits, “Everything That Glitters (Is Not Gold),” on YouTube. The Grande Ole Opry released Opry Country […]
For the third year in a row, the Country Music Association is donating proceeds from the CMA Music Festival to Nashville area schools. Only this year the total amounts to over $1 million, more than the past two years combined. Thirty-one schools will benefit from the donation and twenty-one of those schools will receive instruments […]
Gene Autry and Brenda Lee will be honored alongside the Blind Boys of Alabama, the Four Tops, Hank Jones, Dean Martin and Tom Paxton with the Recording Academy’s Lifetime Achievement Award at a ceremony on Feb. 7, and will be acknowledged during the Grammy telecast the next evening. (Wikipedia has a list of past winners) […]
Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton and Garth Brooks are among the country artists who have hosted Saturday Night Live and on November 22 Tim McGraw will be added to that esteemed lineup. Jon Caramanica profiles Taylor Swift‘s rise to fame and shrewd business practices (or “relatability” factor) in an article for The New York […]
The new children’s book co-written by Tim McGraw and Tom Douglas, My Little Girl, was released today. Faith Hill, who wrote the forward, loves it, but his daughters were indifferent. “If it doesn’t have Chris Brown or the Jonas Brothers involved, they don’t care,” he joked. Keith Urban will release a live DVD titled Keith […]
Here is your 2008 Americana Music Festival schedule. Doctors discovered a spot on Merle Haggard‘s lung on May 5th, but don’t know what it is. Haggard isn’t seeking further treatment for the spot right now, denying rumors of cancer. He says “whatever it was, it’s still there, still the same size.” He did however, discuss […]
Dolly Parton will be the first of four superstar guest mentors on American Idol this year. Her stint as mentor begins tomorrow night when contestants will choose from her catalog for their performances, but don’t expect her to be too critical. “Even the bad (singers) are just as sincere as the good ones,” Parton said. […]
It was hard times for roots based country acts in the 90s. Garth and Shania delivered an enormous audience to country music that the Nashville establishment had no intention of losing, and people who were playing “traditional” country music were being increasingly marginalized in favor of those who were playing a more pop-based variety. Country […]
- Ken Morton, Jr.: The inferiority complex of the CMA never ceases to amaze me.
- Barry Mazor: Thanks for explaining that to me, Luckyol.
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I think you're taking it a bit too seriously. CMT has to keep coming up with new lists to make. …
- Barry Mazor: Thi is a world in which the "top 40 most influential country artists of all time" do not include, for …
- luckyoldsun: I just noticed that Garth and King George are still to come. So unless I'm missing something else, the remaining seven …
- Leeann Ward: I hate it when people pronounce the days of the week with a "dy" ending instead of "day." It's like …
- luckyoldsun: Looking at that bizarre CMT Artists' list with Johnny Cash coming in at #8, it raises the question--Who are the …
- Leeann Ward: I'd have to agree with LOS here. The song was fair game to be released. It's no surprised that it …
- luckyoldsun: "'Brotherly Love,' IS a Keith Whitley song. Trying to take advantage of the impact sales, and the tragedy of Keith’s …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, we know that it's technically a Keith Whitley song, as Juli noted above.