Ladies and gentlemen, after weeks of mulling over nearly every country album released last year, we’re proud to present The 9513′s Best Country Songs of 2008. To be eligible, a song may not have appeared on 2007′s Top 50 list, and all significant covers have been excluded. Also, please note that a song need not […]
In the latest Rolling Stone, Vanessa Grigoriadis notes that aside from Willie Nelson‘s project with Asleep at the Wheel, he has another album slated for early ’09 titled Naked Willie. It’ll be produced by his harmonica player, Mickey Raphael, and consist of his RCA recordings from 1966 to 1970, without the strings and schmaltz. “For […]
Clint Black filed a lawsuit against his manager/accountant, Charles Sussman. Black asserts that Sussman and his firm “repeatedly engaged in self-dealing, negligence, and/or gross negligence” in steering his finances. Part of the dispute involves Little Big Town. Black believed the band was signed to a long-term deal with Equity Records, the independent record label in […]
September saw a rash of superb releases that tended to dominate the list, although eleven different albums end up making an appearance. I have to think artists that know what they’re doing are able to duplicate quality while others only reach greatness every once in awhile due to luck. A couple of interesting notes about […]
In their ever-exclusive fashion, People.com learned of the birth of Dierks Bentley and wife Cassidy’s daughter, Evalyn Day Bentley, who was named after her maternal grandmother. Dierks’ family isn’t the only one growing, Miranda Lambert blogged about her new horse and three new cats. Charlie Louvin‘s motor home was involved in an accident in New […]
Listen to actor Ed Harris sing “You’ll Never Leave My Heart,” a song he wrote for his new western movie Appaloosa. Lee Ann Womack played most of the songs from her new album Wednesday night at the Allen Room in New York. Jon Caramanica says the mood is much the same as found on There’s […]
Taylor Swift made her debut in London last night to a sold-out crowd and The 9513 forum member SamB was there to catch all the action. She did most of the hits (no Tim McGraw, which was odd), and some stuff off the new album, including Change, which I loved, and Love Story, which she […]
Howard Stern announced on his show that Dixie Chicks singer Natalie Maines has agreed to sing a song at his upcoming wedding. This whole Sugarland release, it’s kind of a big deal, and most everyone seems to be excited about the new music: CMT’ Craig Shelburne talks to the duo about their songwriting, spirituality and […]
We’ve come up with a playlist to help you add a more personal touch to that expensive gift that we know you’re lavishing on your mom this upcoming Mother’s Day. Mother’s play a special role in the lives of their children and each one of the following songs pays tribute to that bond between mother […]
- Scooter: I agree Holly Williams can do no wrong in my eyes. Such a good album and great to see live …
- Carrie Mclaughlin: Your my Hero Mr. Jim Lauderdale!!! Come to Alaska Please? hehehehe
- Jeremy Dylan: You should check it out Dave D. It's from the first (and strongest) season.
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.
- lindsay thomas: Wife and I saw these guys last Thursday night, (7-24-14) at the Ryman in Nashville. What a show. …
- Donald: I'm guessing that is meant to read 're-release' Detroit to Wheeling, as the double album originally appeared on Pinecastle in …
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …