Ladies and gentlemen, after weeks of mulling over nearly every country album released last year, we’re proud to present The 9513′s Best Country Songs of 2008. To be eligible, a song may not have appeared on 2007′s Top 50 list, and all significant covers have been excluded. Also, please note that a song need not […]
In the latest Rolling Stone, Vanessa Grigoriadis notes that aside from Willie Nelson‘s project with Asleep at the Wheel, he has another album slated for early ’09 titled Naked Willie. It’ll be produced by his harmonica player, Mickey Raphael, and consist of his RCA recordings from 1966 to 1970, without the strings and schmaltz. “For […]
Clint Black filed a lawsuit against his manager/accountant, Charles Sussman. Black asserts that Sussman and his firm “repeatedly engaged in self-dealing, negligence, and/or gross negligence” in steering his finances. Part of the dispute involves Little Big Town. Black believed the band was signed to a long-term deal with Equity Records, the independent record label in […]
September saw a rash of superb releases that tended to dominate the list, although eleven different albums end up making an appearance. I have to think artists that know what they’re doing are able to duplicate quality while others only reach greatness every once in awhile due to luck. A couple of interesting notes about […]
In their ever-exclusive fashion, People.com learned of the birth of Dierks Bentley and wife Cassidy’s daughter, Evalyn Day Bentley, who was named after her maternal grandmother. Dierks’ family isn’t the only one growing, Miranda Lambert blogged about her new horse and three new cats. Charlie Louvin‘s motor home was involved in an accident in New […]
Listen to actor Ed Harris sing “You’ll Never Leave My Heart,” a song he wrote for his new western movie Appaloosa. Lee Ann Womack played most of the songs from her new album Wednesday night at the Allen Room in New York. Jon Caramanica says the mood is much the same as found on There’s […]
Taylor Swift made her debut in London last night to a sold-out crowd and The 9513 forum member SamB was there to catch all the action. She did most of the hits (no Tim McGraw, which was odd), and some stuff off the new album, including Change, which I loved, and Love Story, which she […]
Howard Stern announced on his show that Dixie Chicks singer Natalie Maines has agreed to sing a song at his upcoming wedding. This whole Sugarland release, it’s kind of a big deal, and most everyone seems to be excited about the new music: CMT’ Craig Shelburne talks to the duo about their songwriting, spirituality and […]
We’ve come up with a playlist to help you add a more personal touch to that expensive gift that we know you’re lavishing on your mom this upcoming Mother’s Day. Mother’s play a special role in the lives of their children and each one of the following songs pays tribute to that bond between mother […]
- Jack WIlliams: Well, he says he's a classic honky tonk fan and apparently "had to" make a honky tonk album, but then …
- Leeann: I was disappointed to read JTE's take on country music too. I agree with the part about current country music, …
- luckyoldsun: Someone should do a feature on the current "next generation" sons-of-superstar country artists--Hank III, Shooter Jennings, Bobby Bare Jr., Dean …
- Jack: Not impressed by Justin Townes Earle's low view of country music.
- nm: Does anyone know whatever became of the album that Shelby Lynne and Allison Moorer were going to do together?
- luckyoldsun: I'm not surprised. Artists who can't get seem to get a satisfactory deal with a commercial label always say how …
- Jack Williams: I'm a little surprised to hear of Shelby Lynne signing with another label, even if it is Rounder. She …
- A.B.: THREE new albums from Sturgill next year?! I'm excited for that!
- Keith Samuels: I can't wait to listen to the entire recording. What a treasure.
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …