The Academy of Country Music announced nominees for the top new artist categories, which will be fan-voted for the second year in a row. They include: Top New Solo Vocalist Luke Bryan Jamey Johnson Chris Young Top New Vocal Duo Bomshel Joey + Rory Steel Magnolia Top New Vocal Group Eli Young Band Gloriana The […]
Trace Adkins Wants Him Some Real Joy; Nashville Paves Way For Patsy Cline Boulevard; ‘Ain’t No Grave’ for Johnny Cash
Yesterday afternoon Toby Keith announced Trace Adkins as the first artist signed to Show Dog-Universal Music. All it took to lure the big man from Capitol Records, his home for 15 years, was a smile: Adkins said he watched Keith on stage when the two toured together last year and saw something he “longed for.” […]
What key does Garth Brooks sing in? Florida doesn’t pay enough to bring Garth out of semi-retirement. — Karlie What key do you prefer and how much are you willing to pay? Also, is a private jet included as part of the offer? — CMW Where does Big Kenny live? He was born in Big […]
Here’s full alphabetized (by first name) list of the interviews conducted by The 9513 in 2009. Amy Dalley Ashley Monroe Barbara Mandrell Big Kenny Billy Ray Cyrus Bryan White Caitlin & Will Charlie Daniels Charlie Louvin Collin Raye Corb Lund Darryl Worley David Lee Murphy David Nail Dolly Parton Eddie Montgomery Eric Church Gene Watson […]
In 2009, we asked a number of country artists for their answer to the question “What is country music?” Here is an anthology of their answers. What is country music? “Well, I’m a traditional country artist. I always have been and I always will be. I love it so much—I always have—that when you speak […]
Last.fm Top Artists The 9513 group is up to 132 members, and 30 of them listened to Brad Paisley last week, making him the #1 artist. That should give him some consolation for having his #1 Billboard singles streak broken. Right behind him is George Strait (27 listeners), Miranda Lambert (26), Alan Jackson (25) and […]
What does an invitation to the CMA Awards look like? It has a picture of Taylor Swift with the words “Come see Taylor and some other people perform!” underneath. — Sam No idea. The CMA has yet to recognize the “interwebs” as a viable media entity, thus haven’t approved our credential requests. — Pierce Who […]
Last.fm Top Artists If anything cam be taken from this week’s charts, it’s that The 9513 fans are not beholden to pop culture and the media to dictate their listening habits. Either that, or no one’s gotten the memo that Taylor and Carrie are the biggest things in country music right now. Probably the former, […]
Charges Against John Rich Dropped; Banjo Man Allen Shelton Passed Away; Reckless Kelly Plans New Record
A Nashville judge dismissed assault and harassment charges levied by Jared Ashley against John Rich. New releases for the week of November 24, 2009 include: Drew Kennedy – An Audio Guide to Cross Country Travel Lone Star Music (CD order) | MySpace Jimmy Wayne – Sara Smile Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Trent Tomlinson – […]
The 2010 George Strait tour with Reba McEntire just got a little more can’t-miss with the addition of Lee Ann Womack. Sugar Hill Records compiled a list of its top 50 must-have tracks from the past three decades and made them available for download through iTunes for a mere $19.99. The list includes stalwarts like […]
- Six String Richie: It's great to hear that Sundy Best has a new album coming out. I really encourage anybody that reads …
- Louie: "Brotherly Love," IS a Keith Whitley song. Trying to take advantage of the impact sales, and the tragedy of Keith's …
- Erik North: A big loss for not only the Nashville songwriting community, but for songwriting communities everywhere, in my opinion, that Paul …
- luckyoldsun: If they're only allowed one modern inductee per year in the H-o-F, then there's a backlog developing. You have Skaggs, …
- Leeann Ward: I'm not an ETC fan, but I do love "Brotherly Love" with Keith Whitley.
- luckyoldsun: It's got to be "What I'd Say." (I think that's the title.) There was some question, I believe, over whether …
- Paul W Dennis: probably "Nobody Falls Like A Fool" or "Silent Treatment"
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Where in heck's name is "That Was A Close One"?!?!? It's the guy's best song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrR_2rXiKA0
- Cody: Love seeing ETC getting some credit! My five, in no particular order at first; Crowd Around the Corner Home So Fine I Have …
- Juli Thanki: I think it's technically a Keith Whitley song, but I've always been fond of his duet with ETC, "Brotherly Love."