Free Music from Lori McKenna, Punch Bros. and the Del McCoury Band; New Justin Townes Earle Album; The Story Behind “Rudolph”
Lori McKenna’s giving away a Christmas song. Del McCoury’s got some free music for you too, with “Moneyland” from the 2008 album of the same name. Download “Movement and Location” from the Punch Brothers’ upcoming album Who’s Feeling Young Now, due out February 14. Justin Townes Earle’s fourth full-length record, Nothing’s Gonna Change the Way […]
George Jones headlined a recent Tammy Wynette memorial fundraiser. Jason Aldean took home six Telecasters at last night’s American Country Awards. Catch up on our live blog here and the list of winners here. Bassist Shonna Tucker has left The Drive-By Truckers. David Barbe will play bass for DBT at upcoming shows. Here’s an excerpt […]
Grammy nominations were announced last night. Jim Lauderdale, Blake Shelton, Jason Aldean, Chris Thile, Michael Daves, Gillian Welch, Martina McBride, Eric Brace, Peter Cooper, and Alison Krauss & Union Station are just a few of the names up for awards. Check out the full list of nominees here. Tim McGraw is free from Curb Records, […]
Since the release of her last album, Revolution, Miranda Lambert has gone from a critical darling to a full-blown country superstar. She’s garnered numerous awards, picked up a couple #1 singles and had a marriage to Blake Shelton that even caught the notice of mainstream media. Somewhere along the way, she also found time to […]
Music journalist Patsi Bale Cox passed away at the age of 66. She was credited with books on Loretta Lynn, Wynonna Judd, Ralph Emery, George Jones and more. A benefit concert being held by George Jones will fund the construction of a memorial in honor of country music star Tammy Wynette in Mississippi. It will […]
Kenny Chesney and Grace Potter to Perform at CMA Awards; Audie Blaylock & Redline Will Perform Free Show; New Song From Gretchen Peters and Rodney Crowell
Gillian Welch and David Rawlings stopped by Good Day L.A. to play a couple songs. Scotty McCreery debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard Top 200 and Top Country Albums charts with Clear As Day, making him the youngest male in history to open at the top of the all-genre chart with a debut release. […]
Bobby Braddock Will Be Honored As Songwriting Icon; Hank Jr. Pulled From Yesterday’s Monday Night Football; New Album Releases
Our long national nightmare is over: Taylor Swift and Kanye West are now on high-fiving terms. Hank Williams, Jr. made a Hitler analogy and ESPN subsequently pulled his theme song before yesterday’s Monday Night Football broadcast. Williams then released a statement saying he was misunderstood. UPDATE: Hank III spoke with TMZ, saying most musicians should […]
Wade Mainer and Don Wayne Pass Away; Lee Ann Womack Returns to Studio; Justin Townes Earle Contributes to Boardwalk Empire Soundtrack
Banjo pioneer Wade Mainer passed away on Monday at the age of 104. Songwriter Don Wayne, whose extensive body of work included “Saginaw, Michigan,” also passed away on Monday. He was 78. Lee Ann Womack is back in the studio working on a new album. Check out the Opry’s birthday celebration for George Jones. Justin […]
Four the Record Track Listing Unveiled; IBMA Awards Performers Announced; Kathleen Edwards On Tour with Bon Iver
Songwriter Owen Davis, best known for “The Other Side of Nashville,” passed away. Emmylou Harris is performing at the Kennedy Center tonight as part of an event to commemorate the events of September 11. The event will stream here tonight beginning at 7:30pm Eastern. Wynton Marsalis, the National Symphony Orchestra, and others will perform, while […]
Chris Young Goes Gold; Bela Fleck to Debut Concerto for Banjo and Orchestra; Gillian Welch Announces European Tour
Tad Dickens of The Roanoke Times penned a nice feature on Justin Townes Earle, who talks about his music and his fashion influences. Gretchen Peters began a series of blog entries in which she discusses her upcoming album, Hello Cruel World, track by track. The first post is about “Saint Francis,” co-written with Tom Russell. […]
- Leeann Ward: Way to go to David Cantwell for getting a name drop! Great interview, Juli! Womack's new album is awesome! I've not always …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: Great interview as always, Juli! The new album is fantastic. "Same Kind of Different" is my favorite cut although "Fly" is …
- Dave D.: Good interview. Looking forward to the new record, and particularly interested in hearing her version of Brennen Leigh's "Sleeping with …
- nm: I guess it's not surprising that a singer who gets her songs all over the place, the way Womack does, …
- SunsetPark: As a Pennsylvanian to this day, thanks for the list. I haven't heard the Quecreek song and so can't …
- Paul W Dennis: I would urge readers to check out the Billy Edd Wheeler salute on October 18, 2014. Billy Edd Wheeler is …
- Leeann Ward: I'm really liking Pink's folk duo song! I'm looking forward to the album!
- Donald: LOS, you made me giggle. Thank you.
- luckyoldsun: An in related news, an E.P.A. inspector is preparing to slap the cuffs on Nancy Jones tomorrow.
- luckyoldsun: Looks like old Lynn is not done saying "I beg your pardon..."