Lonestar has a new single called “Party All Day.” George Ducas will release 4340 in late October. The album includes some co-writes with the likes of Radney Foster and Keifer Thompson. The couple that got married at the 2012 ACM Awards is naming their baby after Martina McBride. Sue Zalokar of Street Roots News interviewed […]
Songwriters: Arlis Albritton, George Ducas, Josh Thompson Music City could be described as a cast-iron songwriting-community-pot bubbling over with those who have paid their dues and some. Major label cuts come to few of those songwriters, singles come to fewer, and hits are those rarest of fruits that hang high, frustratingly just out of reach […]
Craig Shelburne recapped Buddy Miller‘s artist-in-residence gig at the Country Music Hall of Fame on Tuesday, which featured special guests Tom T. Hall, Emmylou Harris, and the McCrary Sisters. With the song’s composer sitting in the front row, just a few steps away, Miller nervously introduced Tom T. Hall’s “That’s How I Got to Memphis.” […]
Hall Honorees Comment On Induction; Josh Thompson’s Polarizing Reception; Sarah Buxton Performs New Album Acoustically
The Tennessean‘s Peter Cooper provided brief background info for each of the four new Country Hall of Fame inductees along with quotes from all but Don Williams, who chose not to be interviewed. Brad Paisley hurled a couple of good-natured jabs at the audience during a recent concert: During the testosterone-fest, ‘I’m Still a Guy,’ […]
Here’s full alphabetized (by first name) list of the interviews conducted by The 9513 in 2009. Amy Dalley Ashley Monroe Barbara Mandrell Big Kenny Billy Ray Cyrus Bryan White Caitlin & Will Charlie Daniels Charlie Louvin Collin Raye Corb Lund Darryl Worley David Lee Murphy David Nail Dolly Parton Eddie Montgomery Eric Church Gene Watson […]
Every record label in Nashville has the difficult balancing act of supporting its stars while simultaneously growing its newer talent. Pay too much attention to your stars, and the new singers can’t gain a foothold on country radio. Support the newcomers too much, and the stars may fall out of favor in a competitive market. […]
Eighty-three year-old country singer Ferlin Husky is in the hospital and in critical condition with an accelerated heart rate and possible pneumonia. Caitlin & Will, the Carter Twins, Jypsi and Matt Stillwell will open for Alan Jackson at Aquapalooza, an all-day boating event in Alabama on July 25. Country California: A hobo appeared on stage […]
With “I Told You So,” Carrie Underwood became the first country artist in history ever to achieve 10 No. 1 singles on the strength of their first two albums. New releases for the week of May 12, 2009 include: Alecia Nugent – Hillbilly Goddess Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Amazing Rhythm Aces – Very Best […]
- Mike W: Really liking the new Ryan Bingham song, his last album really didnt do much for me, but this new song …
- nm: Oh, the old Sutler. The first time I visited Nashville, I went to a New Year's Eve show there: Lonesome …
- Tom: ...another "favorite child question". then again, what would the genre be without all the drama it's got to deal with. …
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …