Lonestar has a new single called “Party All Day.” George Ducas will release 4340 in late October. The album includes some co-writes with the likes of Radney Foster and Keifer Thompson. The couple that got married at the 2012 ACM Awards is naming their baby after Martina McBride. Sue Zalokar of Street Roots News interviewed […]
Songwriters: Arlis Albritton, George Ducas, Josh Thompson Music City could be described as a cast-iron songwriting-community-pot bubbling over with those who have paid their dues and some. Major label cuts come to few of those songwriters, singles come to fewer, and hits are those rarest of fruits that hang high, frustratingly just out of reach […]
Craig Shelburne recapped Buddy Miller‘s artist-in-residence gig at the Country Music Hall of Fame on Tuesday, which featured special guests Tom T. Hall, Emmylou Harris, and the McCrary Sisters. With the song’s composer sitting in the front row, just a few steps away, Miller nervously introduced Tom T. Hall’s “That’s How I Got to Memphis.” […]
Hall Honorees Comment On Induction; Josh Thompson’s Polarizing Reception; Sarah Buxton Performs New Album Acoustically
The Tennessean‘s Peter Cooper provided brief background info for each of the four new Country Hall of Fame inductees along with quotes from all but Don Williams, who chose not to be interviewed. Brad Paisley hurled a couple of good-natured jabs at the audience during a recent concert: During the testosterone-fest, ‘I’m Still a Guy,’ […]
Here’s full alphabetized (by first name) list of the interviews conducted by The 9513 in 2009. Amy Dalley Ashley Monroe Barbara Mandrell Big Kenny Billy Ray Cyrus Bryan White Caitlin & Will Charlie Daniels Charlie Louvin Collin Raye Corb Lund Darryl Worley David Lee Murphy David Nail Dolly Parton Eddie Montgomery Eric Church Gene Watson […]
Every record label in Nashville has the difficult balancing act of supporting its stars while simultaneously growing its newer talent. Pay too much attention to your stars, and the new singers can’t gain a foothold on country radio. Support the newcomers too much, and the stars may fall out of favor in a competitive market. […]
Eighty-three year-old country singer Ferlin Husky is in the hospital and in critical condition with an accelerated heart rate and possible pneumonia. Caitlin & Will, the Carter Twins, Jypsi and Matt Stillwell will open for Alan Jackson at Aquapalooza, an all-day boating event in Alabama on July 25. Country California: A hobo appeared on stage […]
With “I Told You So,” Carrie Underwood became the first country artist in history ever to achieve 10 No. 1 singles on the strength of their first two albums. New releases for the week of May 12, 2009 include: Alecia Nugent – Hillbilly Goddess Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Amazing Rhythm Aces – Very Best […]
- bob: Thanks Barry. Just reserved the Adam Gussow book. Sounds interesting.
- Barry Mazor: It may be over-stated, in arriving at practically a single explanation of everything, but Adam Gussow's book on lynching and …
- Leeann: Wow! Heavy topic and horrifying indeed! "Beer for My Horses" was all fun and games until that reference, I'll have …
- Barry Mazor: Everything else aside, the way that reporter fills us in, with must-have, pointless generational snark included, about who this "Little …
- luckyoldsun: "The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia" seems to be about a lynching--even if there's something about a judge …
- Arlene: Sorry. I meant to give the link for "Supper Time." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ58Kfe41kI
- Arlene: Another song sung by Ethel Waters: Irving Berlin's "Supper Time"
- bob: Powerful songs. I read the book "A Lynching in the Heartland" by James H. Madison about a dozen years ago. …
- Ron: Sky Above, Mud Below by Tom Russell is another.
- Jack Williams: Another Othis Taylor song from White African is "My Soul's in Louisiana."