Cowboy Jack Clement’s Last Album Due in July; NYT on the Trail of Geeshie Wiley & Elvie Thomas; New Music Videos
As was mentioned in the comments section by Juli, singer-songwriter Jesse Winchester passed away from cancer last Friday morning at the age of 69. Obituaries have been published by The New York Times, Rolling Stone, USA Today, NPR, and CMT, to name just a few. Barry Mazor reviewed The Hank Williams Reader for The Wall Street Journal. Listen […]
Fourth Person Dies from SXSW Injuries; Billboard and Twitter Team Up; Mary Gauthier Announces Tour Dates
Download a free, 55-page excerpt of Galadrielle Allman’s Please Be with Me: A Song for My Father, Duane Allman. Dierks Bentley, Kellie Pickler, Tim McGraw, Toby Keith, Lee Brice, Luke Bryan, Hunter Hayes, and Keith Urban will perform on the concert special ACM Presents: An All-Star Salute to the Troops, which is taping in Vegas […]
Kelly Willis and Bruce Robison will release their second duets album, Our Year, on May 27. The 10-song record will include their fantastic version of “Harper Valley P.T.A.” as well as a take on “I’ll Go to My Grave Loving You.” John Cowan has signed with Compass Records; his next album will be released early […]
Car Plows Through SXSW Barrier, Kills Two; Ray Price’s Final Recordings Due for Release in April; Josh Turner Returns to the Studio
Two were killed and 23 injured early this morning at SXSW when a car – whose driver was trying to evade police — plowed through a temporary barrier into a crowd of people outside The Mohawk, then continued driving, running over two people on a moped (those victims, a male and a female whose identities […]
The Band Perry Pays Funeral Costs for Nine Killed in Fire; SPBGMA Winners Announced; New Music Videos
Pinecastle Records is going to unveil a lost Osborne Brothers recording that was made in 1973 but never released. Nashville is due out in June; a special vinyl copy will be produced as well. Nickel Creek released a new song and announced eight tour dates. The Band Perry stepped in to pay funeral costs and hotel […]
Austin to Host iHeartRadio Country Festival; William Hurt Cast in Gregg Allman Biopic; Gill & Franklin to Play Leno
Rolling Stone premiered new Drive-By Truckers song “Pauline Hawkins” from the band’s forthcoming record, English Oceans. T Bone Burnett talks about his current projects and new label, Electromagnetic Recordings, in this interview posted on Variety.com. Sharon Jones, who’s been battling cancer, is bald and beautiful in the new video for “Stranger to My Happiness.” A.J. […]
Lost Johnny Cash Album Due Out in March; Earl Scruggs Center Readies for Grand Opening; Amos Lee Covers John Prine
A lost Johnny Cash album will be released on March 25. From the AP article: Out Among the Stars, an album he recorded with Billy Sherrill in the early 1980s that was never released by Columbia Records, then disappeared when the company dropped Cash in 1986. Turns out Cash and his wife, June Carter Cash, […]
“Jolene,” Kristofferson Added to Grammy HOF; Della Mae to Make Opry Debut; Drive-By Truckers Announce Tour Dates
Dolly Parton’s “Jolene” and Kris Kristofferson’s eponymous debut album are among 27 new additions to the Grammy Hall of Fame. In order to be selected, singles and albums must be “at least 25 years old and exhibit qualitative or historical significance. Recordings are reviewed annually by a special member committee comprised of knowledgeable professionals from […]
Bobby Osborne to Celebrate 50 Years as Opry Member; Zac Brown Band to Release The Grohl Sessions; New Music Videos
Dave Grohl has produced a brand new EP for the Zac Brown Band; The Grohl Sessions, Vol. 1 will be released on December 10. Garth Brooks had a triumphant return to television on Friday night with Garth Brooks: Live from Las Vegas. 8.7 million viewers watched the two-hour special, which won its time slot. Eric […]
Four hours and 40 songs of music by country music’s biggest and brightest stars honored George Jones at Bridgestone Arena on Friday night. Saving Country Music live-blogged the event if you’d like to relive the evening, and Twang Nation has some videos if you weren’t lucky enough to be in the audience. Jerald Wayne Mills, 44, of […]
- Paul W Dennis: This album is next on my must-acquire list. I remember listening to Mac on the WWVA Big Jamboree in the …
- Paul W Dennis: I don't usually agree with Luckyoldsun but he's right - "Girl In A Country Song" reeks. On the other …
- andythedrifter: "It Sure Can Get Cold In Des Moines"
- Donald: LOS, I need to second your mention of Ballad of Forty Dollars.
- Paul W Dennis: Best wishes for Jim Ed Brown - there's very few left from his generation of country singers John Morthland's article on …
- Paul W Dennis: That looks like Harold Morrison playing the dobro behind Jeannie C Riley on "Harper Valley PTA"
- luckyoldsun: Got to go with "The Ballad of Forty Dollars." Funny, if you saw the title and started listening to that song …
- Randy Prewitt: I would have to say my favorite Tom T.Hall song is "The Day Clayton Delaney Died.He has so many great …
- KathyP: "Faster Horses." Which reminds me I need to add it to my digital library.
- Leeann Ward: "Me and Jesus" and "Harper Valley PTA" are my favorites, I think. But I agree with Paul that it's not …