It’s so great to have Candi Staton back. Not that she ever went away, but on her new album, Life Happens, her voice resonates with a force that shouts “I’m here to tell you that bad stuff happens in life all the time, but that I’m happy and satisfied to be where I’m at.” On […]
First ACM Awards Performers Announced; Jennifer Nettles Hits Reality TV; Catching up with Jonny Corndawg
In case you missed Barry Mazor’s comments about Trisha Yearwood on yesterday’s news post, here they are again: Ms. Yearwood is also at work recording a new album. She told me on Tuesday after the Hall of Fame induction announcements, that she half feared people would JUST think of her as a cooking show host now, […]
AKUS Records Music for The Simpsons; Video of Randy Travis’ Arrest Released; Dehlia Low to Take Hiatus
Alison Krauss and Union Station recorded some music that’ll play on Sunday’s episode of The Simpsons. Songwriter Danny Morrison passed away on Tuesday. Jim Caligiuri caught a three-hour Chris Isaak show in Austin: With a new backdrop simulating Sun Studios, Isaak concentrated on his latest album, Beyond the Sun, a collection of songs that were […]
The Ryman will soon get a new stage. Deana Carter launched a brand new website and gave a glimpse of her upcoming album: I have been writing SO much that it’s been hard to carve out time to get back in the studio for my own record, much less decide which songs to do! What […]
A previously unreleased John Denver song has been made into a new music video. For just half a million dollars, you can live in Roy Acuff’s house. Holly Williams has been in the studio writing and recording her upcoming third album. Bluegrass artists Donna Ulisse & The Poor Mountain Boys nearly rolled their truck en […]
Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Founder Passes Away; Brad Paisley Teams Up with John Fogerty; Free Music from Hayes Carll
Warren Hellman, philanthropist and founder of Hardly Strictly Bluegrass, passed away last night at the age of 77 due to complications from leukemia. Taylor Swift and Scotty McCreery were two of the artists who got spoofed in this SNL sketch. News has come out that soulful Etta James is in terminally ill in the last […]
Lately I’ve been thinking about repetition, repeatedly. See, I’ve never been one of those who can be counted on to rail against the latest alleged oncoming modern pop corruption of whatever country music has been sounding like for a while. In country, complaints about sonic invaders have always been there. But in addition, history leaves […]
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.