The Bellamy Brothers Raise Questions Over Britney Spears Single; George Strait/Reba McEntire Lead Country Tours in 2010
Britney Spears‘ new single was released Monday, which wouldn’t ordinarily be news here, but The Bellamy Brothers are taking issue with some of the songs lyrics, specifically the line “If I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me?” It’s eerily close to the Brothers’ 1979 classic “If I Said You […]
Sara Evans and Brad Paisley Schedule New Albums; Billboard’s Year-End Lists; Ray Wylie Hubbard Dissatisfied with Finished Movie
Chet Flippo on respect in country music: When some kind of a strange variety show on a network TV channel opens with a song titled “Kiss My Country Ass,” any possible respect for the country music tradition […] is absolutely thrown under the bus. You want trashy music? You got it. You want some respect […]
Garth Brooks Sells Out Nine Shows; CMA Entertainer Category Causes Confusion; Stream New Bruce Robison/Kelly Willis Song
When tickets for Garth Brooks flood benefit concert went on sale Saturday, they went quick. So quick, in fact, that show after show was added until virtually nine shows were sold out in three hours, raising more than $3.5 million. The presence of Miranda Lambert, Lady Antebellum, and Zac Brown Band in the CMA Awards […]
Earl Scruggs has been hospitalized. Not many details are known, but you can follow The Bluegrass Blog for updates. The new, Vegas-themed video for Rascal Flatts‘ “Why Wait” features more than a few celebrity cameos. Watch at CMT. The Austin Chronicle‘s Jim Caligiuri on the new Randy Rogers Band album Burning the Day: [Paul] Worley […]
Ryan Bingham joined the Country Throwdown Tour, which already includes Jamey Johnson, Little Big Town, Eric Church, Jack Ingram, Montgomery Gentry, Eli Young Band, the Lost Trailers, and Heidi Newfield. Jason Aldean and Ashley Monroe celebrated the success of the song “The Truth” at an industry party on Monday. After subjecting himself to Danny Gokey‘s […]
Kristofferson Honored As BMI Icon; Live Video Stream of Underwood at Opry; Hough & Wicks Call It Quits
Kris Kristofferson was named a BMI Icon at last night’s BMI Country Awards and Bobby Pinson took home the award for songwriter of the year. Visit The Tennessean for a full list of winners. In light of today’s holiday, revisit The 9513’s playlist “20 Top War and Soldier Songs.” George Strait‘s publicist confirmed that the […]
Carrie Underwood signed for a one-time variety special on Fox tentatively titled Carrie Underwood: An All-Star Holiday Special. New releases for the week of October 13, 2009 include: Brandon Jenkins – Brothers of the Dirt Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Carolyn Mark – Let’s Just Stay Here Amazon | iTunes | MySpace The Dirt Daubers […]
Joe Nichols‘ new album, Old Things New, is scheduled for a Sept. 29 release. American Songwriter published an interview with Eric Brace about songwriting and journalism and how they relate, and “Tranquility Base,” a particularly timely song considering the anniversary of Neil Armstrong’s landing on the moon. (via Hickory Wind) Farce the Music photoshopped Country […]
The Recording Academy announced that it has changed the name of the Grammy Awards “Folk Field” to the “American Roots Music Field,” which will include the Best Traditional Blues Album, Best Contemporary Blues Album and Best Bluegrass Album categories. (via Music Fog) Lee Ann Womack replaced Julianne Hough (out with laryingitis) as the opening act […]
Charlie Daniels surprised the Montgomery Gentry duo of Eddie Montgomery and Troy Gentry last night with an invitation to become the next members of the Grand Ole Opry. Official induction will take place June 23. The ACM Artist of the Decade tribute to George Strait is scheduled to air tonight on CBS. Country Universe: What […]
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.
- luckyoldsun: I seem to recall hearing a recording of the Christmas song "Walking in the Winter Wonderland" where the line "In …
- Leeann Ward: For a slow new Christmas music year, the announcement of the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP and the Christmas tracks by …
- chris: That voice singing with Jim Ed is younger sister Bonnie, also a member of the Browns.
- Kev: I saw Jim Ed at the Opry in June and he sounded great then. I certainly look forward to …
- Delica Smith: I've had the blessings of following Mr. JimEd and Helen Cornelius since the mid 70s. I was a amateur …
- Inell: I meant to say you still sound as great as you did when you sang Pop O Top
- Inell: Oh Jim this is an awesome song I will be adding this to the collection of your other records I …
- Arlene: I couldn't agree more with Bonnie Raitt's description of Mavis Staples as a live performer. Forget St. John's wort-- …
- Tom: "...lucinda williams recorded enough material for another album" - better late than never this strike of wisdom.