Stream Tim O’Brien & Darrell Scott’s New Record; Brad & Carrie Return as CMA Awards Hosts; Album Releases
Bobby Slone (JD Crowe & The New South) passed away yesterday. Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood will host the CMA Awards for the sixth consecutive year. Miranda Lambert’s got a new video for “All Kinds of Kinds.” Stream Tim O’Brien and Darrell Scott’s new album, Memories & Moments. The Jane Austen’s House museum is raising money to buy […]
In October, Eric Church will record back-to-back shows in Chattanooga with plans to release a live album in 2013. Emmylou Harris and Mumford and Sons will tape an episode of CMT Crossroads that’s slated to air September 20. Performing Songwriter posted excerpts of a 1995 interview with Hal David. Emily Robison and her boyfriend welcomed […]
Susanna Clark, songwriter, artist, and wife of Guy Clark, passed away at the age of 73. Here’s a lovely remembrance from Terry Roland posted on No Depression. Iris DeMent talks about her new album, Sing the Delta (out Oct. 2), with Billboard, where you can also hear the title track. Kenny Chesney’s Welcome to the Fishbowl […]
Dallas Wayne Added to Heybale Lineup; The Smilin’ Irishman of Country Music Passed Away; Lionel Richie Recording Country Duets
Singer, songwriter, and Sirius deejay Dallas Wayne has been announced as the replacement for Gary Claxton in the band Heybale. The Austin Chronicle‘s Margaret Moser published a really cool profile on Elizabeth McQueen, who in turn, dishes out a lot of praise for Ray Benson and Willie Nelson. The Smilin’ Irishman of Country Music James […]
Martie Maguire and Emily Robison, two-thirds of the Dixie Chicks, have secured their place as one of the premier family collaborations in country music history. With livewire lead singer Natalie Maines at the helm, the Chicks emerged as the dominant creative and commercial force on Music Row at the turn of the century. Now the […]
Dale Watson Abides; Early Kristofferson Demos; Herbs Not Required to Enjoy New Jason Boland Live Album
Dale Watson went Nashville. No, he didn’t slick his music up to appeal to a mainstream audience, he went to Nashville to record country music the way it was done in an earlier era and he enlisted studio musicians Pete Wade, Pig Robbins, and Lloyd Green to help create what he calls his dream record. […]
After 10 years together, Rhonda Vincent left Rounder Records. Zac Brown discusses guitars, playing on nylon strings, and the loss of individualism in country music in an interview with Craig Havighurst for Acoustic Guitar. (via Nashville Gab) There’s been a loss of individualism in country music. If you don’t know who you are when you […]
Eli Young Band joined the Republic Nashville roster. Miranda Lambert‘s Third Annual “Cause for Paws” benefit will be held May 15 in Tyler, Texas. Tour News: Trace Adkins and Toby Keith will hit the road for their American Ride tour on June 19; Miranda Lambert is taking her first official headlining tour, Roadside Bars And […]
Dixie Chicks‘ Martie Maguire and Emily Robison will be releasing a new album without Natalie Maines, however a title, release date, and musical direction are all still unknown. Reba McEntire is returning as the host of this year’s ACM Awards, which are scheduled for April 18. On the following night, the Academy plans to tape […]
It took three months, 10 voters and 300 nominated albums, but we’ve finally made it to the top of the mountain. These are The 9513’s Top 10 Country Albums of the Decade. From stark tales of life in the coal mine to slick-and-polished pop country to an outlaw savior, these 10 diverse albums–put forth by […]
- Paul W Dennis: Tom T & Dixie Hall are good people and I wish them all the best through this difficult time
- Paul W Dennis: Actually , it is not. We have so thoroughly debased our language that it is no longer possible to praise …
- Leeann Ward: Sheesh, Paul, that's a random/strange dig!
- Jack Williams: After reading that New Yorker article, I canceled my pre-order of the Basement Tapes box set. I love Bob …
- Leeann Ward: Wow! How terrible for Dixie Hall and Tom.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Another twisted collection of songs to put into the Friday Five Hall of Fame, Juli.
- Arlene: I'd have included "Omie Wise." Doc Watson's is the version I'm familiar with but I think it's been recorded by …
- luckyoldsun: I think the number one country murder ballad is "Frankie and Johnny"--by Jimmie. Also, how about "Delia's Gone" from Harry Belafonte …
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …