Steve Grand, an openly gay country singer, has released a music video for “All-American Boy;” in its first week of release, the video has been viewed over 400,000 times. The song and video depict unrequited love for another man. Watch and listen as Steel Magnolia’s Meghan Linsey knocks “Natural Woman” out of the park. Jason Eady’s […]
2013 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Dates Unveiled; Natalie Maines to Release Solo Record; New Music Videos
Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks will release a new album called Mother on May 7. The album is produced by Ben Harper. Andy Griggs and Bobby Pinson have written a song, called “20 Little Angels,” about the victims of the Newtown shooting tragedy. 100% of the proceeds from the sales of the song, including iTunes […]
Kathy Mattea – “Hello, My Name is Coal” Faith Hill – “American Heart” Wanda Jackson & Justin Townes Earle – “Am I Even a Memory” Joey + Rory – “Josephine” Dustin Lynch – “She Cranks My Tractor” Eli Young Band – “Say Goodnight” Aaron Lewis – “Forever” Thomas Rhett – “Beer with Jesus” Kelleigh Bannen – […]
The change to Billboard’s Hot Country music chart, in which digital sales, web-streamed play and non-country-radio spins will influence chart performance has caused quite the internet flutter. Some takes on the change: Matt Bjorke at Roughstock The Triggerman at Saving Country Music Edward Morris at CMT Kevin John Coyne at Country Universe And now there’s a […]
Minnie Pearl Cancer Foundation Launches New Campaign; Martina McBride Plans Theater Tour; New Music Videos
Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert performed “America the Beautiful” at last night’s Super Bowl. Billy Ray Cyrus has agreed to a deal with Amazon.com’s publishing division and will put out a book titled Hillbilly Heart sometime in 2013. USA Today has an exclusive video interview with Dierks Bentley where he talks about (and sings) a […]
BluegrassJournal.com posted a list of the winners from last night’s IBMA Awards where Dailey & Vincent, Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper, Dan Tyminski, and Dale Ann Bradley were among the big award winners. And Peter Cooper has a recap of the awards show and performances. And The Bluegrass Blog has pictures. And…I got nothin’ else. This […]
Christie’s announced yesterday that a poem written by Bob Dylan when he was 16 would be up for auction, however a reader alerted Reuters that the lyrics matched “Little Buddy,” a song previously recorded by Hank Snow. Christie’s response: “This still remains among the earliest known handwritten lyrics of Bob Dylan and Christie’s is pleased […]
Here are the nominees for the 42nd CMA Awards which will be broadcast live from the Sommet Center in Nashville Wednesday, Nov. 12 (8:00-11:00 PM ET) on ABC. There are lots of interesting things here, let us know what you think of the selections in the comments. Entertainer of the Year Kenny Chesney Brad Paisley […]
NBC revealed the top 12 acts vying to become the next Nashville Star, and it seems they all have somewhat of a sob story overcome many adversities to get where they are. (via ggcolumn) In an open letter to her fans, Shania Twain expressed her gratitude for their words of encouragement during her rough time. […]
Larry Berry bought a guitar from two boys in 1962 that they said had been stolen. The guitar strap had George Jones‘ name on it with streaks of white lightning. Berry says he’s been trying to reach Jones since the ’60s to return the guitar, but couldn’t get through to him until this year. Michael […]
- luckyoldsun: That Bobby Bare/Bill Parsons story has been often told, but I still don't quite understand how two then-nobodies could go …
- Leeann: The Jack Clement album is quite good!
- Donald: "Ryan Adams announced .... the August 19 release of “1984,'" Which, I'm told, is the fifteen years later update of his …
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Delighted to hear that Hot Rize have a new album coming out – and thanks for the link to that …
- luckyoldsun: Nobody can do Karaoke George Jones like Kershaw!
- Bruce: LW, Don't apologize for your Bryant comment. You were more gracious than I would have been.
- Bruce: My vote is for Marty Stuart for his exhaustive body of work that is directional yet diversified.
- Leeann: Dang! Let me write my above sentence again!: Kelley MicKwee’s album is sounding good so far too. I really like “Beautiful …
- paul w dennis: The Kershaw album is really noteworthy for its song selections. Other than "I'll Share My World With You", it omits …
- Leeann: The Sammy Kershaw tribute to George Jones is pretty good on first listen. Of course, Sammy's no George, but their …