2013 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Dates Unveiled; Natalie Maines to Release Solo Record; New Music Videos
Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks will release a new album called Mother on May 7. The album is produced by Ben Harper. Andy Griggs and Bobby Pinson have written a song, called “20 Little Angels,” about the victims of the Newtown shooting tragedy. 100% of the proceeds from the sales of the song, including iTunes […]
Grammy Nominations Announced; New Videos from Don Williams, Hunter Hayes; Chelle Rose, The Mavericks Added to SXSW Roster
The Grammy nominees were announced last night. Taylor Swift and Mumford and Sons were nominated for Record of the Year and Album of the Year, respectively. You can read the entire list of nominations here. Best Country Solo Performance Dierks Bentley, “Home” Eric Church, “Springsteen” Ronnie Dunn, “Cost of Livin’” Hunter Hayes, “Wanted” Blake Shelton, […]
Rosa Lee Watson passed away on Thursday, six months after Doc, her husband of more than 60 years. Songwriter Frank Dycus, whose credits include “I Don’t Need Your Rockin’ Chair” and “Unwound,” passed away on Friday. He was 72. Walter Hensley, the “Banjo Baron of Baltimore,” passed away on Saturday at the age of 76. […]
Kathy Mattea – “Hello, My Name is Coal” Faith Hill – “American Heart” Wanda Jackson & Justin Townes Earle – “Am I Even a Memory” Joey + Rory – “Josephine” Dustin Lynch – “She Cranks My Tractor” Eli Young Band – “Say Goodnight” Aaron Lewis – “Forever” Thomas Rhett – “Beer with Jesus” Kelleigh Bannen – […]
Frank Peppiatt, co-creator of Hee Haw, passed away on Wednesday at the age of 85. The iconic WSM radio tower turns 80. The station is celebrating tomorrow with an open house at the tower. Chet Flippo’s new Nashville Skyline column is all about artists he thinks are deserving of Hall of Fame induction, including Ray […]
Shania Twain’s Come On Over is on UK music magazine NME’s list of the 30 best-selling albums of the last 30 years. Restoration of Johnny Cash’s boyhood home is underway. Download a new James Hand song here. If you missed Jamey Johnson and Alison Krauss singing “Make the World Go Away” on Letterman the other […]
Country Stars Remember Kitty Wells; New Little Big Town Album Due in September; Punch Brothers Announce New Tour Dates
Loretta Lynn, Barbara Mandrell, Dolly Parton, and Lee Ann Womack all made statements about Kitty Wells’ passing. Janis Martin’s final album, The Blanco Sessions, will be released on September 18. The album, produced by Rosie Flores and Bobby Trimble, was funded through Kickstarter. (via press release) Punch Brothers announced a bunch of new North American […]
Perry Baggs Passes Away; “Somethin’ ‘Bout a Truck” Goes Platinum, Video Premieres from Alejandro Escovedo, Chatham County Line
Perry Baggs, longtime drummer for Jason & The Scorchers (he left the band in 2003), passed away at the age of 50. Paste premiered videos from Alejandro Escovedo and Chatham County Line. Peter Cooper talks with Old Crow Medicine Show’s Ketch Secor for a Tennessean feature. The band’s new album, Carry Me Back, is due […]
People Magazine has a free playlist for you to download that includes music from The Band Perry, Scotty McCreery, Chris Young, Eli Young Band, Montgomery Gentry, Love and Theft, Brantley Gilbert, and Hunter Hayes. Taylor Swift is far-off cousins of Garth Brooks, Reba McEntire, Willie Nelson and Loretta Lynn according to Geni.com. Ellen DeGeneres and […]
Willie Nelson’s Heroes Drops May 15; Reba’s GAC Concert Special Premieres Tomorrow; Bluegrass Meets Big Band
Heroes, Willie Nelson’s first album for Legacy, will be released on May 15. Snoop Dogg, Lukas Nelson, Merle Haggard, Kris Kristofferson, Billy Joe Shaver, Jamey Johnson, and Micah Nelson all appear on the record. This week, Amazon offered albums by Lady Antebellum and others for 25 cents. Chet Flippo talks about the ramifications in his […]
- Jack Williams: I'm a little surprised to hear of Shelby Lynne signing with another label, even if it is Rounder. She …
- A.B.: THREE new albums from Sturgill next year?! I'm excited for that!
- Keith Samuels: I can't wait to listen to the entire recording. What a treasure.
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …
- bll: I'm happy for any new music from Trisha. I hope MCA doesn't decide to repackage her old stuff and release …
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …
- Linda Salmons: Whoaa!!!! Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Beautiful tone and nuance - unmistakably Auldridge.
- Michael A.: Billboard also posted a pretty good piece on the new Trisha Yearwood album yesterday. Unfortunately, it sounds like only …
- Kathy Gaddis: Very very nice!