Vince Gill to Receive Frances William Preston Lifetime Music Achievement Award; Stream Kacey Musgraves’ Same Trailer Different Park; New Music Videos
A march on the CMA offices to protest the elimination of traditional country music from their objectives is being planned for April 17 and a petition is being circulated “to accomplish two things for the worldwide fans of traditional American country music. One to encourage record companies, producers, and recording artists to actually record more [...]
More than 350 songs were on this year’s ballot. We cut the list to just our top 60, though it easily could have been a Top 100 countdown. What were your favorite songs of the past year? You can listen to a Spotify playlist of the available songs here. 60. Bucky Covington — “A Father’s [...]
A half-year in which such major contributors, true giants, as Kitty Wells, Earl Scruggs and Doc Watson are suddenly no longer with us (among too many others, it sure seems, lately), could produce a major case of seasonal distress disorder in itself for a lot of us, Meanwhile, so many have been taking to [...]
Doug Dillard Passes Away; Taylor Swift Donates $4 Million to Hall of Fame; Yep Roc Plans 15th Anniversary Bash
Banjo genius Doug Dillard passed away. He was 75. Taylor Swift came in at #11 on Forbes’ list of the world’s 100 most powerful celebrities. She’s in between Steven Spielberg and Tiger Woods. In other Swift news, she donated $4 million to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum to fund an education center, [...]
Second Edition of the Encyclopedia of Country Music Published; Boxcars Ready New Album; Evolution of the Outlaw
The second edition of the Encyclopedia of Country Music was published this week. In this piece penned by Jewly Hight for the Nashville Scene, Dierks Bentley reflects on his arrival in Nashville as a teenager: “I was so green. But I still moved here anyway, because I was so drawn to this town and country [...]
Loretta Lynn Cancels Shows Due to Pneumonia; Tennessee Launches Ring of Fire Trail; New Music Videos
76-year-old Loretta Lynn has cancelled two weeks of performances while she rests with a case of pneumonia. Gene Kurtz passed away. The talented musician co-wrote “Treat Her Right” and worked with artists like Charley Pride, Dale Watson, and many more. There is new music (and video) from songstress Emily West called “I Hate You, I [...]
People Magazine has a brand new country music edition on newsstands featuring Lady Antebellum. To celebrate the new edition, they’re giving away a free download featuring some big hitters including: Ronnie Dunn, Vince Gill, Billy Currington, Jake Owen, Terri Clark, Matraca Berg, JT Hodges, Bradley Gaskin, and Sonia Leigh. Drew Kennedy has a cool and [...]
- Rick: Why Leeann, I'm all for "charity" when I am the recipient! (lol)
- Rick: I'm glad to see Miss Leslie was able to raise enough funds to record a new album. I can't wait ...
- J.R. Journey: Congratulations to Trisha Yearwood and Little Big Town. They join Hank Williams Jr. in the country-stars-with-Emmy-awards category.
- Juli Thanki: They're no Tracy Jordan.
- Luckyoldsun: Here he is with Mr. Johnny Carson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L5QC9ZJkM8
- Blake Boldt: Trisha and LBT for the EGOT.
- Barry Mazor: I thought Luckyol was kidding--and he may have been. The Ames Bros charted dozens of times, and Ed Ames ...
- bob: Before going solo, Ed Ames was a member of the Ames Brothers. The brothers had some hits in the 50's ...
- Luckyoldsun: "My parents’ record collection consisted of Ed Ames, Perry Como..." Ed Ames made records? I did not know that. I thought ...
- Leeann Ward: Old Town, where Griffin is from, is just a few minutes away from me.