Lady Anteblleum Leads Country Artists In Grammy Nods; Alan Jackson Fulfills Contract; Todd Snider Schedules Live Collection
As far as country artists go, Lady Antebellum came out on top during last night’s announcement of the Grammy nominees, scoring several nominations in all-genre categories. A diverse range of artists and entertainers represented the country genre though, including Zac Brown Band, Miranda Lambert, Jamey Johnson, Dailey & Vincent, Marty Stuart & Connie Smith, The […]
Why is country music the best? Country music is more diverse than any other genre. It embraces a lot of styles and sounds and Country artists are influenced by all those different styles. And…Country music fans have the biggest boobs. – Blake Shelton In what city is there a street named George Jones Place? I […]
Garth Brooks Announces Date for Nashville Concert; Billy Ray Cyrus Headed for Divorce; ACL to Close Studio 6A with Lyle Lovett
Garth Brooks announced this morning that he’s hosting a benefit concert for flood victims at Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena on Dec. 17. “If you come to Vegas, you’ll see Garth Brooks with a guitar,” he said. “When you come to Nashville this Christmas, you’re gonna see the band that you know, you’ll see the light rig […]
Don Williams Misses Hall of Fame Induction; Opry Titles Newest Song “Blake Shelton”; And Taylor Swift News
Jimmy Dean and Don Williams were inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame last night. Unfortunately, neither inductee was present at the ceremony: Dean passed away earlier this year and Williams was suffering with bronchitis, but is expected to resume his tour on Tuesday. Peter Cooper has a recap. A new TV show based […]
Don Williams Takes Break From Retirement; Keith Urban To Host All for the Hall Tomorrow; LeAnn Rimes Re-records “Blue”
Don Williams looks a little older, but NewsOK’s Ed Godfrey says he sounded as smooth as ever in the first of a series of concerts that bookend his induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame. Keith Urban‘s All for the Hall — his annual fundraising concert for the Country Music Hall of Fame — […]
Shawn Camp Release to Lead to ‘Lost Tapes’ Series? Yes, Please; CMT Premieres Eight Videos; Bleakest Songs in Country History
Warner Music Nashville president John Esposito has been getting a lot of credit for releasing Shawn Camp‘s sophomore album, 1994, 16 years after it was recorded, but the discovery also got him to thinking about what else might be buried. As it turns out, there could be a lot. AP entertainment writer Chris Talbott notes […]
Since my September 2008 article, Charlie McCoy, Barbara Mandrell, Roy Clark, Don Williams, Billy Sherrill, Ferlin Husky and Jimmy Dean have been elected to the Country Music Hall of Fame. As I noted, for decades the Country Music Hall of Fame was caught in the position where many deserving performers died before their turn for […]
Miranda Lambert Sets CMA Awards Record; ‘CMA Music Festival’ Airs Tonight; Joey+Rory To Tour with Don Williams
Even if Miranda Lambert doesn’t win anything at the upcoming CMA Awards (highly unlikely), it’ll still be quite a year. She scored several more nominations today in the following categories: entertainer of the year, female vocalist of the year, album of the year for Revolution, and she has a part in the musical event of […]
Partial List of CMA Awards Nominees Announced Today; Coming Soon: Rounder Records & Trace Adkins Retrospectives
A portion of the final nominees for the CMA Awards were announced today, with plans to announce the rest tomorrow. Miranda Lambert and her songs got nominated two times in three different categories, Lady Antebellum received four nods, while Easton Corbin and the Zac Brown Band each pulled in three. Capitol Nashville plans to release […]
Fox plans to launch a new country music awards telecast on Dec. 6, less than a month after the annual CMAs. The two-hour show, titled American Country Awards, will be different from the other country music award shows in that the winners will be voted on by fans. In an article for Guideposts, Randy Houser […]
- Deremy Jylan: I heard that Jim Lauderdale documentary is some super-duper great movie stuff. Makes Scorsese's THE LAST WALTZ look like Wiseau's …
- Barry Mazor: I'll have to see if Dr. Green's ever read 3 Lives; it's a good book.
- Juli Thanki: Rose is a rose is a rose is a yellow rose of Texas. I smell a terrible concept album!
- Barry Mazor: Pigeons on the grass, alas.. Come-a kai-yai yippy, yippy ay.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Barry, thanks for the great sentimental look at Winchester. I will admit that he is an artist that was largely …
- Arlene: Thanks for this article, Barry. It's not often that an artist brings another performer to tears during a guitar pull. …
- Leeann: At any rate, I'll still look forward to his next album, because I'm a fan of his music.
- Leeann: Yes, if he had said that, I'd be with him, but e lumped all of country music, including the Grand …
- mrsandy: My understanding is Emmylou's concert was cancelled was because her 92-y.o. mother passed away.
- Erik North: I would have to say that, even though I agree that JTE does generalize about country music excessively, I also …