Sarah Jarosz & Milk Carton Kids Announce Tour; Rob McCoury to Release Solo Album; YouTube to Drop Content from Indie Labels
On August 19, Rob McCoury will release his first solo album, The 5-String Flamethrower, on McCoury Music. Guests include Sonny Osborne, JD Crowe, and, of course, Del. (via press release) The Guardian reported some crummy news for indie labels and acts: Independent artists could disappear from YouTube “in a matter of days” after the Google […]
Country Stars Revisit the Bristol Sessions; Pokey LaFarge Announces Tour; HoF & Music City Roots to Celebrate Night Train to Nashville Anniversary
Justin Townes Earle will release Single Mothers on Vagrant Records September 9. (via press release) Hot Rize has a new album and fall tour in the works. The Country Music Hall of Fame and Music City Roots are teaming up for a concert (scheduled for July 30) celebrating the tenth anniversary of Night Train to […]
In what was promoted as his final live concert, George Strait set a record for the largest crowd for an indoor concert in North American history at AT&T Stadium in Dallas on Saturday night. More than 104,000 people were in attendance. Lionel Richie is plotting a sequel to his country duets album, Tuskegee. Check out the […]
Jayhawks Reissues Due in July; Dolly Parton Releases New Video; Jimmy Dean Museum to Break Ground in June
Jewly Hight interviewed Bobby Osborne about the Osborne Brothers’ new-old album Nashville, which is getting released on Pinecastle June 10. Pam Tillis tells Cindy Watts (The Tennessean) that she’s getting ready to return to the studio. In fake news, “Band Whose Music Nobody Cares to Claim Calls Self Americana.” Gangstagrass has a new video. Watch […]
Stream John Fullbright, Kelly Willis & Bruce Robison Albums; Todd Snider Salutes Mick Jagger; B.B. King Documentary Premieres Today
A few album premieres: John Fullbright – Songs Kelly Willis & Bruce Robison – Our Year Amy LaVere – Runaway’s Diary Bronwynne Brent – Stardust Sturgill Simpson performs “Time After All” in the Nashville Scene’s “Live in the Morgue” video series. Todd Snider salutes Mick Jagger in an American Songwriter column. Alison Bonaguro […]
Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert unveiled their new duet, “Somethin’ Bad,” at the Billboard Music Awards last night. Underwood also took home the Milestone Award. Other Billboard Award winners: Alan Jackson (Top Christian Album for Precious Memories, Vol. 2), Luke Bryan (Top Country Artist and Top Country Album for Crash My Party), and Florida Georgia […]
Miranda Lambert Announces Tour; Thirty Tigers Signs Hayes Carll; Researchers Create Songwriting Robot
Listen to Lydia Loveless’ “Mile High,” the B-side from her Record Store Day 7″. Jon Caramanica of The New York Times gushes over Sturgill Simpson’s new record. American Songwriter is streaming Dark Was the Yearling, the new album from The Bones of J.R. Jones. Here’s “How You Learn to Live Alone,” a song (co-written with […]
Bob Dylan Releases New Music; IBMA Extends Raleigh Stay; Cumulus and Big Machine Launch “Nash Icons”
IBMA is keeping their annual World of Bluegrass conference and festival in Raleigh through 2018. Hot Rize, The Del McCoury Band, Ricky Skaggs, and The Gibson Brothers are just a few of the acts who’ll perform at the IBMA Wide Open Bluegrass Festival in Raleigh this September; more bands will be announced at a later […]
The nominees for the 2014 Americana Honors & Awards were named yesterday (check our Facebook page later today for Barry Mazor’s exclusive photos from yesterday’s announcement shindig): Album of the Year: Sarah Jarosz – Build Me Up from Bones, Robert Ellis – The Lights from the Chemical Plant, Rosanne Cash – The River and the […]
Bigger Picture Group, the current home of Craig Campbell, Chris Janson, Blackjack Billy and more, has ceased operations. According to CEO David Robkin, executives and administrative staff are continuing to work to support the label’s artists and to seek new funding. Willie Nelson has donated platinum records, manuscripts, and correspondence to the Dolph Briscoe Center for […]
- Jeremy Dylan: You should check it out Dave D. It's from the first (and strongest) season.
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.
- lindsay thomas: Wife and I saw these guys last Thursday night, (7-24-14) at the Ryman in Nashville. What a show. …
- Donald: I'm guessing that is meant to read 're-release' Detroit to Wheeling, as the double album originally appeared on Pinecastle in …
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....