Willie Nelson, AKUS Announce Co-Headlining Tour; Montreal Gets Country Radio Station; New Music Videos
Willie Nelson and Alison Krauss & Union Station featuring Jerry Douglas announced that they will co-headline a tour together beginning May 1 in Murray, Kentucky. Kacey Musgraves, Jason Isbell, and The Devil Makes Three will join the tour for select dates. Garth Brooks graciously sent off Jay Leno on The Tonight Show with “The Dance” […]
Taylor Swift kicked off the Grammy Awards last night with a performance of “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.” View the full list of award winners here. Album of the Year: Mumford and Sons – Babel Best Country Album: Zac Brown Band – Uncaged Best Country Song: “Blown Away,” written by Josh Kear & Chris […]
I haven’t watched the CMA awards in years. Sometimes I’ve had a gig, but most of the time, there wasn’t anything there to interest me. I would flip channels and land on the awards show, but wouldn’t stay long. In the 80s, I didn’t miss a show. All my favorite artists were on. Country had […]
Juli Thanki The Quintessential Hank Thompson 1948-1979 by Hank Thompson New releases from George Strait and Reba McEntire received the lion’s share of attention this cycle, which means a couple excellent albums slipped under the radar. Gene Watson returned with A Taste of the Truth, which, in my opinion, is one of the best albums […]
Jerry Lee Lewis‘ first country CD since the ’70s will be released later this year and will feature several tracks written by Kris Kristofferson. The first single, “Mean Old Man,” is available on iTunes. New releases for the week of August 25, 2009 include: Deryl Dodd – Together Again Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Gene […]
Songwriter: Buck Owens If there’s a country song that could possibly give Conway Twitty’s “Hello Darlin’” a run for its money on inclusion in a Jeopardy-style category of “Famous Two-Word Song Openers,” Buck Owens’ classic “Together Again” would certainly be a contender. Owens took the song to the top of the country charts in 1964 […]
- luckyoldsun: Paul, Good info. It's pretty disgraceful that Billboard editors can't even get musical history remotely right regarding even their own publication. The …
- Juli Thanki: Yep, I'll be there. Looking forward to it!
- Leeann: Wow! The Look Again to the Wind: Johnny Cash’s Bitter Tears Revisited album is so good!
- Jack Williams: I was also there on Saturday, Juli. I really liked Angeleena Presley's set, too. Marty and the boys …
- Jack Williams: I heard the guy who made the documentary talks funny. That's great news. I'll definitely buy a copy …
- Dave D.: Jim Lauderdale's The Other Sessions is my favorite; just a great country records, IMO.
- Paul W Dernnis: It seems that whoever wrote that Billboard article had some bum information. As of 1993, 13 country artists had 50 …
- Leeann: My favorite Jim Lauderdale albums are his collaborations with Ralph Stanley.
- Jeremy Dylan: Correcting my typo, that should be http://jimlauderdalemovie.com
- Jeremy Dylan: @SCOOTER: Depending on where your tastes lie, I'd say I'm A Song (the new record), Pretty Close to the Truth …