George Strait Nets 86th Top 10 Song; Wide Open Bluegrass Lineup Announced; New Trampled By Turtles Video
“Give It All We Got Tonight” is George Strait’s 86th Top 10. Eddy Arnold’s the only one who’s got him beat, with 92 Top 10s. All Things Considered aired an excellent piece on the inspiration behind Lee Brice’s chart-topping single, “I Drive Your Truck.” Two years ago on Memorial Day, Nashville songwriter Connie Harrington was driving [...]
Ray Price Hospitalized for Severe Dehydration; New Dierks Bentley Record Due in Fall; Album Releases
Ray Price was hospitalized for severe dehydration. But, as he posted on his Facebook page, he’s receiving fluids and feeling better. Dierks Bentley’s next album, Riser, will be released this fall. Stream You Don’t Know Me: Rediscovering Eddy Arnold, a new tribute record featuring Pokey LaFarge, Mandy Barnett, Chuck Mead, and more. Lee Ann Womack, [...]
Bluegrass Nights at the Ryman Return 6/20; RIAA to Count Digital Streams Toward Gold & Platinum Certification; Hellbound Glory Announces Tour Dates
The Bluegrass Nights at the Ryman concert series kicks off June 20. Vince Gill, Ralph Stanley, Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver, and The Gibson Brothers are among this year’s performers. “Always: Singing the Legacy of Patsy Cline,” a tribute concert at the Country Music Hall of Fame, will be streamed online Saturday afternoon. Brenda Lee, Jan [...]
The Academy of Country Music Awards were held last night. Here are some of the winners (you can find a detailed list of nominees and winners here): Video of the Year: Little Big Town – “Tornado” Vocal Event of the Year: Jason Aldean with Luke Bryan and Eric Church – “The Only Way I Know” [...]
George Strait’s Next Album Drops May 14; Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum to Celebrate Dottie West; New Music Videos
George Strait’s next album, Love is Everything, will be released May 14. Della Mae’s This World Oft Can Be will be released May 28 on Rounder Records. (via press release) The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is celebrating Dottie West this spring with multiple programs, including a film screening of Dottie West: Special Delivery [...]
Ryan Adams to Release New Album in Fall; “Honor Thy Song” Concert to Remember Songwriter Tim Johnson; Taylor Swift Named RIAA’s Top-Selling Digital Singles Artist
Ryan Adams will release a new album in the fall. Steve Chandler is working with Merle Haggard and Mac Wiseman and mixing a “country-bluegrass” record. Donna Ulisse wants you in her next video. On May 7, the Ryman will host “Honor Thy Song,” an event to celebrate the late songwriter Tim Johnson. Joey + Rory, [...]
Music City Roots to Help Kick Off MerleFest; Lone Star Music Awards Nominees Announced; New Kathleen Edwards Video
On April 24, Pokey LaFarge, Della Mae, The Waybacks, Peter Rowan, and Jim Avett will play Music City Roots at Nashville’s Loveless Café to help kick off MerleFest, which begins in North Carolina the next day. The 2013 Lone Star Music Awards nominees have been announced. Voting will begin on March 1 (you’ll be able [...]
New Gibson Brothers Album Due in March; ROMP Lineup Announced; Rolling Stone Premieres New Son Volt Song
The Gibson Brothers’ next album, They Called It Music, will be released on Compass Records March 26. Merle Haggard, The Del McCoury Band, Sam Bush, Town Mountain, Della Mae and The SteelDrivers are a few of the acts booked for this year’s ROMP, which will be held in late June. Check out the full lineup [...]
Mavis Staples, Zac Brown & More to Honor Levon Helm at Grammys; George Strait to Receive CRB Career Achievement Award; Birthplace of Country Music Museum Approved for Funding
Elton John, Mumford and Sons, Mavis Staples, Zac Brown, T Bone Burnett, and Brittany Howard (Alabama Shakes) will take part in a tribute to Levon Helm at the Grammy Awards on Sunday. The Birthplace of Country Music Museum, currently under construction in Bristol, Tenn. recently got approved for funding. $600,000 will be paid in installments [...]
Hayes Carll, SteelDrivers Debut New Music; Big Machine to Release Nashville Soundtrack; Della Mae Plays Pakistan
Ronnie Fauss is among the initial lineup of artists who’ll play SXSW next year. Bob French, Sr., leader of the Original Tuxedo Jazz Band, passed away on Monday at the age of 74. Listen to “Love Don’t Let Me Down,” a new Hayes Carll song featuring Caitlin Rose. Check out “I’ll Be There” from The SteelDrivers’ [...]
- bll: Nice roundup today, Trisha singing and Jen Chapin too!
- Paul W Dennis: I guess my favorite would be George Hamilton IV's version of "Forever Young" and The Byrd's cover of Mr. Tambourine ...
- Jack Williams: Speaking of Chris Smither, he did a nice version of Visions of Johanna. Other favorites: Neville Brothers - The Ballad of Hollis ...
- Leeann Ward: I think benefit concerts and telethons are great and needed, but I'm also impressed by Underwood's generous donation.
- Arlene: Ummm? "For impact, nothing surpasses The Byrd's cover of "Mr. Tamborine Man?"" How about Peter, Paul and Mary singing "Blowin' ...
- Jon: Interesting that folks are falling all over themselves to talk up Toby Keith's prospective benefit for Oklahoma tornado victims, while ...
- Luckyoldsun: For Dylan covers with impact, nothing surpasses the Byrds' "Mr. Tambourine Man." As far as obscure ones, I happened to like ...
- Leeann Ward: Happy to see the Randy Travis and Sara Jarosz covers, but another fave is Rodney Crowell/Emmylou Harris, "Shelter from the ...
- Luckyoldsun: "Among duos, 'Cruise' surpasses Carl Butler & Pearl's 11 weeks at No. 1 with "Don't Let Me "Cross Over" in ...
- Bruce: Good to read a Chestnut update. I liked Conan's comments about Swift's song. Kudo's for Toby's plans for Oklahoma. The ...