Darrell Scott Releases Benefit Single; Merle Haggard Shares the Story Behind “Big City”; Nettles Tops Country Albums Chart
Merle Haggard shares the story behind “Big City” with The Wall Street Journal. Bob Wills’ former house, located at the Triple B Ranch in Fresno, got moved to Prather, where the Central California Music Association hopes to restore it for use as a centerpiece in a Wills-centric museum. Darrell Scott has released a single, “There’s a […]
Ray Price Battles Sepsis; Dale Watson to Reopen Ginny’s Little Longhorn Saloon; Is Folk Music Possible Anymore?
Ray Price developed a case of sepsis while in the hospital. This post on his official Facebook page says that Price is stable for now. Here’s a video for “Blacktop,” shot at Alan Jackson’s Station Inn show. Geoffrey Himes for Paste: Is folk music even possible anymore? By “folk music,” I refer not to the […]
Willie Nelson Cancels Shows Due to Shoulder Injury; Rounder Records Plans Nashville Move; Little Big Town Plays Leno
The Opry is getting ready to celebrate its 88th birthday. Little Big Town will perform their new single, “Sober,” on Leno tonight. (via press release) If you weren’t at Golf & Guitars last May, check out this video recap, which features Joe Nichols, Joey Martin Feek, and a few other performers who attended the charity […]
Garth Returns to Vegas; Third Season of Troubadour, TX Premieres Sept. 28; Stream Sioux City Kid, Declan O’Rourke
The third season of Troubadour, TX begins on September 28. Kris Kristofferson is a segment host this season, and artists like Radney Foster, Walt Wilkins, and Bonnie Bishop are scheduled to appear. Garth Brooks returns to Vegas for eight shows in October and November. Del McCoury was interviewed by CMT Edge’s Stephen Deusner. American Songwriter […]
The Mavericks to Tape PBS Special; Brennen Leigh & Noel McKay to Release Duets Album in September; Della Mae Debuts New Video
Singer-songwriter Nick Nixon (he co-wrote “The Teddy Bear Song” and many others) passed away yesterday afternoon. George Jones’ gospel album, Amazing Grace, will be released September 10. Jones “recorded the gospel songs with producer Billy Sherrill in 2002 with the exception of one track, “Great Judgment Morning,” which was produced by Brian Ahern in 1994.” Out September 17: […]
IBMA Awards Nominees Announced; Opry to Host George Jones Birthday Celebration; Brad Paisley and Ronnie Wood Rock Out
The Boxcarsare the band to beat at the IBMA Awards, earning nine nominations last night. George Shuffler and Del McCoury were also announced as the newest Bluegrass Hall of Fame inductees. The full list of nominees is here. Have no fear if you haven’t heard some of those albums and songs up for awards: tomorrow […]
- Jack: The Everly Brothers "Song Our Daddy Taught Us" and "Roots" LPs look good.
- Juli Thanki: Indeed, Richie. Leslie Knope is my spirit animal.
- Six String Richie: That Parks & Rec. clip was perfection! Everybody reading this blog should watch it even if they don't watch the …
- Ben Foster: I'm coveting Dolly Parton's "Blue Smoke" 45.
- Barry Mazor: Speculation is free!
- Jack: Taste of Country has a pretty shallow point of view, and this little blurb is exhibit A.
- Leeann Ward: It is admittedly fun to speculate about these things.
- luckyoldsun: I wonder if the key to learning Gong Kwon Yu Sul is to be higher than a kite. lol
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I didn't say or imply that I have superior knowledge about the nominating process or workings--I'm just willing to make …
- CraigR.: After watching Easton Corbin's video I am left wondering where the man who made " I'm A Little Bit More …