When Merle Haggard plays at Buck Owens’ Crystal Palace tonight and tomorrow, it’ll be his first performances since undergoing surgery for lung cancer. He says it’ll also be the first time in his life in which he hasn’t loosened up with tobacco or marijuana. We’re only two days into the new year and Los Angeles […]
Just in time for the holidays, Joey+Rory created a “Sleighbell Mix” of their song “Cheater Cheater” and posted it on MySpace. Unfortunately, they removed the hip hop inspired “King Mix” before I had a chance to listen to it, but based on forum response, I didn’t miss much. The Austin Chronicle‘s Doug Freeman says honky-tonk […]
A recording studio built by Buck Owens that once served as his headquarters is shutting its doors. Rick Davis bought the legendary Oildale studio from Owens in 1992. The two police officers accused of holding a gun to the back of Steve Holy’s head were indicted this past Monday on one count of aggravated assault […]
Back in April I did a short review of David Serby’s second album, Another Sleepless Night. Since then he’s been busy promoting his album and playing live shows, one of which was the first ever Stagecoach Festival in California. I got in touch with David to see how things were going and ask if he’d […]
Reba McEntire Duet Album Scheduled For Later This Year And Discussion Continued On Jackson Vs. The Opry
Brad Paisley’s 5th Gear is set to be released on June 19, but according to Country Standard Time, he hasn’t finished recording the album yet. I don’t know if this is some kind of story cautioning fans that it might be delayed, or if it’s simply a means to keep Paisley’s name fresh in people’s […]
It was a coincidence that the first time I heard David Serby was after I finished listening to a Dwight Yoakam mixed CD that my aunt put together for me. Serby doesn’t particularly sound or sing like Yoakam, but the Bakersfield influence permeates throught the tracks on Another Sleepless Night. Serby posesses a notably distinctive […]
- Ken Morton, Jr.: The inferiority complex of the CMA never ceases to amaze me.
- Barry Mazor: Thanks for explaining that to me, Luckyol.
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I think you're taking it a bit too seriously. CMT has to keep coming up with new lists to make. …
- Barry Mazor: Thi is a world in which the "top 40 most influential country artists of all time" do not include, for …
- luckyoldsun: I just noticed that Garth and King George are still to come. So unless I'm missing something else, the remaining seven …
- Leeann Ward: I hate it when people pronounce the days of the week with a "dy" ending instead of "day." It's like …
- luckyoldsun: Looking at that bizarre CMT Artists' list with Johnny Cash coming in at #8, it raises the question--Who are the …
- Leeann Ward: I'd have to agree with LOS here. The song was fair game to be released. It's no surprised that it …
- luckyoldsun: "'Brotherly Love,' IS a Keith Whitley song. Trying to take advantage of the impact sales, and the tragedy of Keith’s …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, we know that it's technically a Keith Whitley song, as Juli noted above.