At last night’s annual International Bluegrass Music Awards, Dailey & Vincent triumphed — again, maintaining their hold on the entertainer of the year and top vocal group categories for the third year in a row. The duo also notched wins for album of the year for their tribute project Dailey & Vincent Sing the Statler […]
Nominees for the 21st annual International Bluegrass Music Awards were announced this morning and once again, Dailey & Vincent top the list with 10 nominations. Russell Moore & IIIrd Tyme Out follow with six nods and right on their heels are Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper, Sam Bush, and The Grascals with five apiece. The full […]
Tracy Lawrence was hospitalized on Tuesday for a respiratory infection. He was diagnosed with early signs of pneumonia. The Star-Telegram‘s Preston Jones is not fond of the latest from George Strait: Whatever the case, too much of Twang feels like Strait, who produced the record with longtime collaborator Tony Brown, capitalizing on his present, increased […]
The Dixie Chick‘s “Sin Wagon,” Drive-By Truckers‘ “3 Dimes Down” and Kenny Rogers‘ “The Gambler” are three of the 21 add-on country tracks that the makers of the popular Rock Band video game plan to release. Bill Monroe’s Bluegrass Hall of Fame will induct Doc Watson for his contributions to both bluegrass and folk music […]
The folks behind the musical production Conway Twitty: The Man, The Music, The Legend, The Musical announced that Elizabeth Cook (MySpace) has been added to the cast to play the role of Joni Twitty, one of Conway’s daughters. (via press release) The New York Times‘ Jon Caramanica calls John Rich‘s “Shuttin Detroit Down” the first […]
In bluegrass music, 2008 was the Year of Dailey and Vincent. The duo burst onto the scene seemingly out of nowhere—though they had actually planned their partnership since first meeting at the 2001 IBMA awards show—and won just about every bluegrass award in existence for their self-titled first album, including Entertainer of the Year and […]
Sara Evans signed a four-book deal with Thomas Nelson Publishing Company. Her first novel will be released later this year in conjunction with a new album. With the firing of Keith Bilbrey, who worked at Nashville’s WSM radio stations as an on-air personality and Grand Ole Opry announcer for 34 years, The Tennessean‘s Gail Kerr […]
Miranda Lambert launched her own line of jewelry. Each piece is personally designed and handcrafted by Miranda herself, making them one-of-a-kind. If you’re looking to score a piece — good luck. Due to high demand everything is almost sold out. She’s not the only one with a new jewelry line, though. Big Kenny’s wife, Christiev […]
MySpace Music is premiering the new Dierks Bentley album Feel That Fire today — five days before its official release date. (via NashvilleGab) Hillary Scott insists that the new awards darlings, Lady Antebellum, were not behind the breakup of The Wreckers, despite Dave Haywood‘s notions to the contrary. Keith Urban scored a sponsorship from KC […]
The 2008 International Bluegrass Music Awards were passed out tonight as the bluegrass community descended upon the Ryman in Nashville, TN to find out who this year’s recipients would be. The show was hosted by Del McCoury, but the big winner of the night was the new group Dailey & Vincent. They wrested the Vocal […]
- luckyoldsun: If they're only allowed one modern inductee per year in the H-o-F, then there's a backlog developing. You have Skaggs, …
- Leeann Ward: I'm not an ETC fan, but I do love "Brotherly Love" with Keith Whitley.
- luckyoldsun: It's got to be "What I'd Say." (I think that's the title.) There was some question, I believe, over whether …
- Paul W Dennis: probably "Nobody Falls Like A Fool" or "Silent Treatment"
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Where in heck's name is "That Was A Close One"?!?!? It's the guy's best song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrR_2rXiKA0
- Cody: Love seeing ETC getting some credit! My five, in no particular order at first; Crowd Around the Corner Home So Fine I Have …
- Juli Thanki: I think it's technically a Keith Whitley song, but I've always been fond of his duet with ETC, "Brotherly Love."
- luckyoldsun: Lots of very good artists have not had anywhere near the radio play and hits that Lee Ann Womack has …
- Hard Times: Just read Jewly Hight's feature on Womack. I couldn't believe Womack has had only a half dozen or so Top …
- Barry Mazor: Leeann, Im not surprised about your sister's response--or that, for many, Garth Brooks now equals the ancient days of country …