Music City TV is reporting that Little Jimmy Dickens is recovering in a Nashville area hospital following surgery to repair a subdural hematoma. Other than that, there’s not much info, but the family asks for your thoughts and prayers. Melonie Cannon‘s duet with Willie Nelson on “Back to Earth,” a song that was picked as […]
Brad Paisley on the possibility of touring with Keith Urban: “Both of our managers, who are very good, and I think we’ll work this out,” he said. “We’ll do some shows. I don’t know how much, but we’ll do some stuff together for sure.” Josh Gracin‘s unbelievable wife (Ann Marie) gave birth to the couple’s […]
Carrie Underwood unveiled her wax figure at Madame Tussauds New York yesterday. (View pictures on PopCrunch) In his review of Call Me Crazy, Michael McCall draws parallels between Lee Ann Womack‘s “Last Call” and George Jones‘ “I Always Get Lucky With You,” saying that Womack’s song could be a reply to Jones’. And with Patty […]
In an attempt to discover and highlight the best music every month, I’ll be publishing a list of the best songs released throughout that period. Hopefully, this will present an opportunity for everyone to discuss the month’s releases, discover new and worthwhile music, and debate over the order of the list and the inclusion or […]
The International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA) announced the nominees for their 19th annual awards. Dailey & Vincent leads the list with a total of 10 nominations and a big congratulations goes out to CMT writer Craig Shelburne, whose writing is a constant source for our news roundups, for his nomination in the Print Media Person […]
Don’t look now, but Darius Rucker, lead singer of 90s rock group Hootie & The Blowfish, has a country hit on his hands. “Don’t Think I Don’t Think About It” currently sits at number 14 on Billboard’s country singles chart and continues to pick up spins. What you probably haven’t heard is that Rucker is […]
Nashville Star‘s Gabe Garcia scored a couple of articles in San Antonio’s Express News, which reports that his hometown of Lytle, TX has Gabe fever. Tonight’s show is devoted to love songs and Gabe will be singing Billy Currington’s “Must Be Doing Something Right.” Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban bought an 1878 two-story Georgian mansion […]
The 43rd Academy of Country Music Awards saw a 27 percent increase in viewers from 2007 and the artists who performed during the show saw a dramatic increase in sales. In light of the positive news, Orly Adelson, President of Dick Clark Productions, said, “We are very excited about what lies ahead and are accelerating […]
- luckyoldsun: And sometimes she breaks into "I Fought the Law and the Law Won."
- bob: @Leeann - Don Schlitz's wife Stacy is also a good singer. At some of his shows, she'll sing a song …
- Leeann: It's hardly on topic, but Don Schlitz's wife is an actual lawyer.
- Erik North: I like that list of country songs that Laura Cantrell drew up for people who are suspicious of the genre. …
- Leeann: Thank you for linking to my discussion. To clarify, they're not so much my favorite Dad songs, but rather, songs …
- Jack: "I got turned off a not so new guy’s music after he started recording songs like “Get Drunk and Be …
- A.B.: I think I understand why the eating disorder facility wants to be located there besides it being the former Cash …
- Janice Brooks: Hopes somebody gets those memos about drinking songs. Meanwhile I'm feeling a lot of slots with Bluegrass.
- Leeann: Great news about Ricky Skaggs and Sharon White's duet album! Absolutely appalling about the Keith Urban concert!! Both the rape and …
- bob: I found the Billboard article about country music radio needing an alcohol intervention interesting. Songwriter Adam Wright is quoted as …