Stream Dead Man’s Town; Blues HoF on Schedule for May 2015 Opening; Lee Ann Womack Releases New Video
The ACM Honors Ceremony was held at the Ryman last night. Toby Keith and Ronnie Milsap received Career Achievement Awards, Carrie Underwood took home the Gene Weed Special Achievement Award, Steve Buchanan and Rascal Flatts got the Jim Reeves International Award, and Jack Clement, Dean Dillon, Buck Owens, and Kris Kristofferson were honored with the […]
Stuart, Shaver Plan Album Releases; John Fahey Biography Due in June; Trampled By Turtles Debut New Song
Billy Joe Shaver will release Long in the Tooth on Lightning Rod Records August 5. Give a listen to “Hard to be an Outlaw,” Shaver’s new duet with Willie Nelson, here. On September 30, Marty Stuart is going to release the double album Saturday Night & Sunday Morning. As the title suggests, one disc will […]
CMHOF to Spotlight Crystal Gayle; Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame Announces 2014 Nominees; Wayne Hancock Recovering from Motorcycle Accident
The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum will open a spotlight exhibit focused on Crystal Gayle May 2. The exhibit will run through November 3. (via press release) Wayne Hancock is recovering from a motorcycle accident last weekend that left him with a collapsed lung and fractured elbow. He’s still hospitalized and his May […]
Cowboy Jack Clement Passes Away; Loretta Lynn to Receive Presidential Medal of Freedom; Larry Cordle Duets Album Due in October
The legendary Cowboy Jack Clement passed away from liver cancer yesterday at the age of 82. The New York Times, The Washington Post, The 615, and CMT all published obituaries, but if you only read one, it should be the one Peter Cooper wrote. Barry Mazor wrote about Clement in a January Roots Watch: Jack’s […]
Songwriters: Blu Sanders, Natalie Hemby and Lindsay Chapman No longer content with slight traces of pedal steel and fiddle, country-leaning American Idols have taken to teaming up with traditionalists: Carrie Underwood with Randy Travis, Scotty McCreery and Josh Turner and, now, Kelly Clarkson and Vince Gill. Credit goes to Clarkson for pairing up with one […]
Loretta Lynn and Friends to Celebrate Her 50th Opry Anniversary; Miranda Lambert to Executive Produce NBC Show; Stream New Avett Brothers Album
Lee Ann Womack, Pistol Annies, Crystal Gayle, and Trace Adkins are just a few of the artists who will help Loretta Lynn celebrate 50 years as an Opry member on September 25. LeAnn Rimes has entered a treatment facility to cope with “anxiety and stress.” Taylor Swift will receive the Canadian Country Music Association Generation […]
Brooks & Dunn Cap Hall of Fame-Worthy Career; Ashley Monroe Signs New Deal; Carrie Underwood Snubbery
Kix Brooks and Ronnie Dunn capped their nearly 20-year career together last Thursday with “Brand New Man,” the same song that helped launch them way back in 1991. Watch a lo-fi video on YouTube (via That Nashville Sound). GAC’s Tom Roland says the show didn’t feel as final as it could have and declares the […]
Since my September 2008 article, Charlie McCoy, Barbara Mandrell, Roy Clark, Don Williams, Billy Sherrill, Ferlin Husky and Jimmy Dean have been elected to the Country Music Hall of Fame. As I noted, for decades the Country Music Hall of Fame was caught in the position where many deserving performers died before their turn for […]
And now let’s get things started Why don’t you get things started It’s time to get things started On the most sensational inspirational celebrational Muppetational This is what we call the Muppet Show! Don’t deny it. You were singing along just now… Kermit taught us that it’s not easy being green. Or in Gonzo’s case, […]
CMT Music Award Nominees Revealed; Elizabeth Cook & Jim Lauderdale Among New Releases; John Rich’s Free Download
Ladies and gentlemen, your 2010 CMT Music Award nominees. New releases for the week of May 11, 2010 include: Elizabeth Cook – Welder Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Jim Lauderdale – Patchwork River Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Jonathan Singleton & The Grove – Jonathan Singleton & The Grove Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Kris […]
- Paul W Dennis: This album is next on my must-acquire list. I remember listening to Mac on the WWVA Big Jamboree in the …
- Paul W Dennis: I don't usually agree with Luckyoldsun but he's right - "Girl In A Country Song" reeks. On the other …
- andythedrifter: "It Sure Can Get Cold In Des Moines"
- Donald: LOS, I need to second your mention of Ballad of Forty Dollars.
- Paul W Dennis: Best wishes for Jim Ed Brown - there's very few left from his generation of country singers John Morthland's article on …
- Paul W Dennis: That looks like Harold Morrison playing the dobro behind Jeannie C Riley on "Harper Valley PTA"
- luckyoldsun: Got to go with "The Ballad of Forty Dollars." Funny, if you saw the title and started listening to that song …
- Randy Prewitt: I would have to say my favorite Tom T.Hall song is "The Day Clayton Delaney Died.He has so many great …
- KathyP: "Faster Horses." Which reminds me I need to add it to my digital library.
- Leeann Ward: "Me and Jesus" and "Harper Valley PTA" are my favorites, I think. But I agree with Paul that it's not …