This article will focus on some more artists who either had a very short period of great success or had an extended run of near-success. The McCarters blazed brightly across the sky in 1988 and ’89. Comprised of lead singer Jennifer and her twin sisters Lisa and Teresa, this trio hearkened back to an older […]
Craig Bickhardt recently touched on the pitfalls of excessive emotion in songwriting on his Ninety Mile Wind blog post “Cold Eye, Warm Heart”: The world was like a distant storm I could feel it on the breeze But it made so little difference here Just a whisper in the trees Mending fence for room and […]
Gretchen Wilson and Ryan Bingham have been added to Willie Nelson‘s Farm Aid concert lineup. Blake Shelton‘s tattoo regret: “This is what I drew him for a deer track,” Blake tells GAC with a laugh. “To this moment, people still come up to me and say, ‘Man, ladybugs … that’s cool. What does that mean […]
Bill Anderson plans to have a new album released before the end of the year. Craig Bickhardt wonders where the real people are in today’s country songs: The rule of thumb in Nashville is: make her crude, make him dirty, put them in a truck (with a six pack sometimes), and it’s a country song. […]
Holly Williams is now engaged to Nashville Drummer Chris Coleman. NashvilleGab published a video from TMZ of Tim McGraw kicking the fan out of his recent concert. There’s not much to see unless you’re looking at Tim’s hideous shirt. Caitlin & Will turned in a second version of the video for “Address in the Stars.” […]
Tanya Tucker recently released an album of covers that she credits her father for introducing to her and in October, Rosanne Cash will release a new album, The List, consisting of songs from a list that her father gave her. But before Cash’s album, there will be yet another album released credited to the influence […]
Craig Bickhardt, the author of blog Ninety Mile Wind, updated his site this week with a post titled “All the Spells,” about that elusive je ne sais quoi our favorite songs have about them. Bickhardt knows a thing or two about songwriting (his own tunes have been recorded by Ray Charles, Johnny Cash, B. B. […]
WSMV Nashville obtained audio tapes of a conversation John Rich‘s manager, Marc Oswald, had with Jared Ashley in which Oswald tried to get Ashley to drop his lawsuit against Rich. The audio recordings are supposedly a conversation between Oswald and Ashley on May 22. The recordings are edited. Ashley never speaks. “One thing about the […]
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.