LeAnn Rimes responded to claims that she is stalking her former Lifetime movie costar Eddie Cibrian. “You know what, I’m a classy woman, I’m never ever going to battle anything out in the press,” says LeAnn Rimes … “I can’t control other people but I can control what I say and what I don’t. I […]
Todd Snider will join ESPN tomorrow to chat and answer questions about his new album and his song “America’s Favorite Pastime” which is featured on The Homerun EP, a collection of baseball songs by Yep Roc Records artists. (via Twang Nation) Reba McEntire scored the highest solo chart debut of her career with her new […]
Willie Nelson made his first Billboard Hot Country Songs chart appearance in five years with this week’s No. 56 debut of “That Lucky Old Sun (Just Rolls Around Heaven All Day)” — credited to Kenny Chesney. His last appearance was another Chesney collaboration on “Pretty Paper.” The debut of “That Lucky Old Sun” expands Nelson’s […]
The big news of the day revolves around James Stroud, who formerly served successful stints at Giant Records and DreamWorks Nashville. He started up a new label called Stroudavarious Records, and releases are already planned for Willie Nelson, Darryl Worley, and Lorrie Morgan. In the latest edition of his Nashville Skyline, Mr. Flippo discusses his […]
The Americana Music Association announced yesterday that John Hiatt will receive their lifetime achievement award for songwriting, which will be presented to him during the Sept. 18 awards show at the Ryman Auditorium. Past winners include Willie Nelson, Rodney Crowell, Guy Clark, Cowboy Jack Clement, John Prine and Billy Joe Shaver. Aside from his forthcoming […]
When it comes to radio, country music stations rule the roost, but that could be changing. News/talk stations are up by nearly 500 in the past ten years, whereas country stations have lost about 450 in that same time period. As of October this year there were 2,054 country stations and 2,026 news/talk stations. Toby […]
Today Cracker Barrel released their fourth exclusive CD this year. The Last Stand features recordings from Alabama’s farewell tour in 2003. Last week Toby Keith joined Vince Gill and Reba McEntire as a member of the Oklahoma Hall of Fame. Later this week Little Jimmy Dickens will become one of the first ten members inducted […]
Cracker Barrel is releasing five new CDs in the “Live Classics” series. The performances are from the Grand Ole Opry and contain country legends such as Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, Johnny Cash, George Jones, Dolly Parton and Waylon Jennings. The live shows are from the 60’s when the Opry was broadcast on radio and the […]
- Leeann Ward: Sheesh, Paul, that's a random/strange dig!
- Jack Williams: After reading that New Yorker article, I canceled my pre-order of the Basement Tapes box set. I love Bob …
- Leeann Ward: Wow! How terrible for Dixie Hall and Tom.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Another twisted collection of songs to put into the Friday Five Hall of Fame, Juli.
- Arlene: I'd have included "Omie Wise." Doc Watson's is the version I'm familiar with but I think it's been recorded by …
- luckyoldsun: I think the number one country murder ballad is "Frankie and Johnny"--by Jimmie. Also, how about "Delia's Gone" from Harry Belafonte …
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …
- Paul W Dennis: The Hight article is interesting, although I don't know that I would describe it as fantastic, but then I know …
- Dana M: I'm actually excited to hear a new Reba album. As for the Alan Jackson tour, I hope he announces Canadian …