It was the Blake and Miranda show last night at the 46th Annual Country Music Association Awards Ceremony last night with the married couple hauling in trophies for four different awards. What were your favorite highlights and lowlights? Here is a list of the winners: Entertainer of the year- Blake Shelton Female vocalist- Miranda Lambert […]
Devastating tornados tore through Missouri’s country music and entertainment capital of Branson early yesterday. The EF2 tornado had winds of up to 130 mph and was on the ground for about 20 miles according the National Weather Service. It smashed seven miles of the town’s commercial strip, hop scotching and demolishing different theater venues along the […]
Dolly Parton talks fashion with some bloggers. Sadly, none of those bloggers are us. Different strokes for two of New England’s biggest folk festivals. A lovely tribute to America’s Dan Peek, who passed away on the 24th. Here’s a pretty cool video about banjo pickin’ prosecutor Jim Gabeheart. Miss Leslie and Her Juke-Jointers are currently […]
The Country Music Hall of Fame induction announcement is typically a private press affair, and this year is no different, except for the first time ever, the general public can watch via Ustream as the 2011 honorees are revealed. The event, hosted by Kix Brooks, is scheduled for later this morning, 9:30 AM/CST to be […]
Reba McEntire opened 2010 with the first No. 1 single and she’ll close the year with the last as well. Despite Julianne Hough‘s claims to the contrary, CMT did not ban her latest video for being too provocative. [...] the reason the network is shying away from the video is because of contract negotiation problems, […]
Little Jimmy Dickens Celebrates 90; Shania Twain Announces Engagement; Country Music Hall of Fame Plans Expansion
Little Jimmy Dickens turned 90 on Sunday. Shania Twain is engaged, and has been for a couple of months now, to Frédéric Thiébaud. She announced the engagement on her website this morning. Farce the Music Parody Album Covers: A Country Christmas 2010 Craig Havighurst has an article on NPR about the songwriting system in Nashville […]
Why is country music the best? Country music is more diverse than any other genre. It embraces a lot of styles and sounds and Country artists are influenced by all those different styles. And…Country music fans have the biggest boobs. – Blake Shelton In what city is there a street named George Jones Place? I […]
The Songwriter Agency Opens in Nashville; Hall of Fame Adds Items to Hank Williams Family Exhibit; Dierks Bentley’s New Video
The Songwriter Agency opened in Nashville with the specific goal of booking hit songwriters into a variety of mainstream venues. Full roster here. The official count for Taylor Swift‘s first week of sales for Speak Now is 1,047,000 copies. Only 16 other albums have sold a million in a week since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking […]
Don Williams Misses Hall of Fame Induction; Opry Titles Newest Song “Blake Shelton”; And Taylor Swift News
Jimmy Dean and Don Williams were inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame last night. Unfortunately, neither inductee was present at the ceremony: Dean passed away earlier this year and Williams was suffering with bronchitis, but is expected to resume his tour on Tuesday. Peter Cooper has a recap. A new TV show based […]
Don Williams Takes Break From Retirement; Keith Urban To Host All for the Hall Tomorrow; LeAnn Rimes Re-records “Blue”
Don Williams looks a little older, but NewsOK’s Ed Godfrey says he sounded as smooth as ever in the first of a series of concerts that bookend his induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame. Keith Urban‘s All for the Hall — his annual fundraising concert for the Country Music Hall of Fame — […]
- Mike W: Really liking the new Ryan Bingham song, his last album really didnt do much for me, but this new song …
- nm: Oh, the old Sutler. The first time I visited Nashville, I went to a New Year's Eve show there: Lonesome …
- Tom: ...another "favorite child question". then again, what would the genre be without all the drama it's got to deal with. …
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …