Cory Morrow – or, for many country fans outside of the Texas music scene, that guy who sings “Nashville Blues” – knows a thing or two about redemption. After a 2005 arrest for drunk driving and cocaine possession left him at a crossroads much different than the questionable cross-genre pairings featured on CMT, the Texas […]
CMT to ACA: Actually, We Were First; Joe Diffie’s Bluegrass Album Due Out Next Week; Gene Watson and Darrell Scott on NPR
CMT didn’t take too kindly to the American Country Awards‘ claim that it was “the first and only country music awards show where fans determine all the winners.” “While CMT congratulates this mysterious organization on its first awards show, we are amused by their self-proclaimed title as the first and only fan-voted award show. All […]
When fans tune in to the live broadcast of the reopening of the Opry House on GAC tonight, Lucas Hendrickson says they might not notice much difference in the refurbished stage, but the performers will notice a redesigned backstage: Gone are the harshly lit corridors and cramped dressing spaces. In their place are 18 themed […]
Listening to Cory Morrow’s new album, Brand New Me, one gets the impression of someone who’s gone through some troubled times, came out stronger on the other end and is indescribably grateful for making it through. That’s a fairly accurate description of Morrow’s last few years. In 2005, Morrow was arrested for drunk driving and […]
Partial List of CMA Awards Nominees Announced Today; Coming Soon: Rounder Records & Trace Adkins Retrospectives
A portion of the final nominees for the CMA Awards were announced today, with plans to announce the rest tomorrow. Miranda Lambert and her songs got nominated two times in three different categories, Lady Antebellum received four nods, while Easton Corbin and the Zac Brown Band each pulled in three. Capitol Nashville plans to release […]
When I was a kid my favorite movies were the Back to the Future trilogy and Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure. Bill and Ted’s Bogus Journey was in heavy rotation as well. Basically, I like movies with time machines. Songs that feature time machines aren’t too bad either. Here are a few. 5. “Time Machine” […]
NewsChannel 5 chief investigative reporter Phil Williams published the results of a seven month investigation into ticket scalping for Keith Urban concerts and more specifically, the recent “We’re All For the Hall” benefit. [...] our investigation discovered, this year Keith Urban struck a deal with Ticketmaster to, in essence, scalp tickets to his own shows. […]
Howard Stern’s response to the allegations that Dolly Parton is contemplating a lawsuit: “I can’t even imagine someone thinking they have an actionable case, but bring it on.” Last month I called attention to the story behind Marty Robbins‘ epic western ballad “El Paso,” where the hero’s love for a woman named Felina becomes his […]
The first set of the Palo Duro Records Showcase on Wednesday night featured an acoustic lover’s wet dream with a song swap between Trent Summar, Tommy Alverson, Dallas Wayne, and Buzz Cason. All four artists were in a dapper mood, keeping the moderately sized Waterloo Ice House audience in high spirits. If the term “laidback” […]
Sugarland’s “Stay” hit No. 1 on Billboard the Mediabase/Country Aircheck chart. Owen Temple started out playing the Texas music scene with Cory Morrow and Pat Green, but temporarily shelved that part of his career when he moved to Wisconsin to study psychology at graduate school. Now he’s back in Texas and on the verge of […]
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider
- luckyoldsun: If I was a "long-time fan" of Trisha, I'd probably spring for the CD.