Patsy Cline HoF Exhibit Opens Next Month; Kenny Chesney Added to Farm Aid Lineup; New Mavericks Album Slated for 9/25 Release
New exhibit Patsy Cline: Crazy for Loving You will open at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on August 24. The opening weekend festivities will include a panel discussion with Cline’s husband and daughter as well as Harold Bradley, Jan Howard and George Hamilton IV. The exhibit will run through June 10, 2013. […]
Stream New Music from Rhett Miller and Alejandro Escovedo; Kenny Chesney Renews Sony Music Nashville Deal; Album Releases
Here’s an interesting article about a man making banjos with wood salvaged from a nuclear facility that’s being decommissioned. Dallas Maverick Dirk Nowitzki played some tambourine for the Avett Brothers at the band’s show in Grand Prairie, Texas on Sunday. At the Diamond Jubilee Concert across the pond, Cheryl Cole and Gary Barlow covered “Need You […]
George Jones was admitted to a Nashville area hospital yesterday for further testing and evaluation of a lingering upper respiratory infection. His concert dates through June will be rescheduled when possible. Yesterday, Tim McGraw announced his new deal with Big Machine Records. McGraw is already working on new music: “[a]sked when fans can hear his […]
“Wagon Wheel” Goes Gold; Kasey Chambers and Shane Nicholson Return to the Studio; New Steep Canyon Rangers Video
Merle Haggard returned to play a show in Macon, where he was hospitalized with pneumonia and other health issues earlier this year: “I wound up here in the hospital several days with you. I forgot how many, they had me under some really good dope…Macon’s got the best dope in the hospital I’ve ever seen. […]
Stream Mercyland Compilation; Lionel Richie’s Tuskegee Tops Billboard’s Hot 100; Driving Virginia’s Crooked Road Music Heritage Trail
Dick Clark passed away yesterday. Clark had several ties to country music, including the country show he hosted in the early ‘50s, Cactus Dick and the Santa Fe Riders. Stream Mercyland: Hymns for the Rest of Us, a fantastic compilation featuring Emmylou Harris, Buddy Miller, the Carolina Chocolate Drops, and more. For all the roadtrippers […]
Gene Watson Celebrates 50 Years of Country Music; The Jayhawks Announce Tour Dates; Carl Jackson Honored with Historical Marker
Sarah Jarosz, Joshua Britt (Farewell Drifters), Tom Russell, and more offer up their thoughts on Bob Dylan to kick off American Songwriter’s “30 Days of Dylan.” The Jayhawks announced new tour dates: they’ll start in Colorado at the end of this month. Guitarist Lincoln Meyers has left bluegrass band Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen. Tift […]
- Barry Mazor: Speculation is free!
- Jack: Taste of Country has a pretty shallow point of view, and this little blurb is exhibit A.
- Leeann Ward: It is admittedly fun to speculate about these things.
- luckyoldsun: I wonder if the key to learning Gong Kwon Yu Sul is to be higher than a kite. lol
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I didn't say or imply that I have superior knowledge about the nominating process or workings--I'm just willing to make …
- CraigR.: After watching Easton Corbin's video I am left wondering where the man who made " I'm A Little Bit More …
- Barry Mazor: Well, gee, Taste of Country that sure clears that up. The argument's over--and it only took 200 words. …
- Barry Mazor: Inductions in all categories, by the rules, are one at a time--unless there's a dead-on tie, as happened once or …
- David Cantwell: Barry, do you know whether or not (sorry if you've already answered this question) the rotating category is limited to …
- Barry Mazor: Well, Luckyol; I guess you must know more about the CMA nominating process inner workings than I do, by some …