Patsy Cline HoF Exhibit Opens Next Month; Kenny Chesney Added to Farm Aid Lineup; New Mavericks Album Slated for 9/25 Release
New exhibit Patsy Cline: Crazy for Loving You will open at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on August 24. The opening weekend festivities will include a panel discussion with Cline’s husband and daughter as well as Harold Bradley, Jan Howard and George Hamilton IV. The exhibit will run through June 10, 2013. [...]
Stream New Music from Rhett Miller and Alejandro Escovedo; Kenny Chesney Renews Sony Music Nashville Deal; Album Releases
Here’s an interesting article about a man making banjos with wood salvaged from a nuclear facility that’s being decommissioned. Dallas Maverick Dirk Nowitzki played some tambourine for the Avett Brothers at the band’s show in Grand Prairie, Texas on Sunday. At the Diamond Jubilee Concert across the pond, Cheryl Cole and Gary Barlow covered “Need You [...]
George Jones was admitted to a Nashville area hospital yesterday for further testing and evaluation of a lingering upper respiratory infection. His concert dates through June will be rescheduled when possible. Yesterday, Tim McGraw announced his new deal with Big Machine Records. McGraw is already working on new music: “[a]sked when fans can hear his [...]
“Wagon Wheel” Goes Gold; Kasey Chambers and Shane Nicholson Return to the Studio; New Steep Canyon Rangers Video
Merle Haggard returned to play a show in Macon, where he was hospitalized with pneumonia and other health issues earlier this year: “I wound up here in the hospital several days with you. I forgot how many, they had me under some really good dope…Macon’s got the best dope in the hospital I’ve ever seen. [...]
Stream Mercyland Compilation; Lionel Richie’s Tuskegee Tops Billboard’s Hot 100; Driving Virginia’s Crooked Road Music Heritage Trail
Dick Clark passed away yesterday. Clark had several ties to country music, including the country show he hosted in the early ‘50s, Cactus Dick and the Santa Fe Riders. Stream Mercyland: Hymns for the Rest of Us, a fantastic compilation featuring Emmylou Harris, Buddy Miller, the Carolina Chocolate Drops, and more. For all the roadtrippers [...]
Gene Watson Celebrates 50 Years of Country Music; The Jayhawks Announce Tour Dates; Carl Jackson Honored with Historical Marker
Sarah Jarosz, Joshua Britt (Farewell Drifters), Tom Russell, and more offer up their thoughts on Bob Dylan to kick off American Songwriter’s “30 Days of Dylan.” The Jayhawks announced new tour dates: they’ll start in Colorado at the end of this month. Guitarist Lincoln Meyers has left bluegrass band Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen. Tift [...]
- Juli Thanki: Oh, good thinking with Hellbound Glory, Mike. Their music matured so much between Old Highs & New Lows and Damaged ...
- Mike Wimmer: 1. Jamey Johnson-I know he is technically with a label already, but they are in dispute over how he feels ...
- Juli Thanki: The first name that came to my mind was Lee Ann Womack. I'm dying to hear new music from her.
- BRUCE: Who the hell is "Pay Price"? Good grief.
- Luckyoldsun: Can't say I personally want to hear anything he's done since before the Watergate break-in--save for that duet album with ...
- Bruce: I can't access it for some reason. But I will tell you this. At 79 years of age, his voice ...
- Janice Brooks: I have the Jim Ed Brown single in rotation.
- Bruce: "People are more interesting than genres". Exactly!
- Jon: Imprecision or ambiguity might gentler terms than sloppiness, but yep, whatever you call it, there's a lot of it in ...
- Jon: "I seriously doubt that the statement “I think X” can reasonably be deemed to imply “I can’t conceive of anything ...