After the Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics and Bruins seemingly won every possible league championship earlier this decade, it was easy to feel jealous of all of those Boston sports fans. Now, the Red Sox have had to overhaul their whole line-up, the Celtics have seemingly passed their window in the NBA, the Patriots are still […]
Don Williams to Perform Limited Number of Dates; New Album Releases; CMA Music Fest Attendance Booms
Soon-to-be-Country Music Hall of Famer Don Williams is coming out of retirement for a limited number of concert dates in the fall. Garth Brooks, now out of his own retirement, announced new dates for September, October, and November. New releases for the week of June 15, 2010 include: The Blue Shadows – On The Floor […]
Shania Twain Guests On American Idol; Dolly Parton Box Set Announced; George Jones Teams With Cracker Barrel
Shania Twain will fill in as a guest judge at an upcoming American Idol audition. New releases for the week of August 18, 2009 include: Augie Meyers – Country Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Brady Seals – Play Time Amazon | iTunes | MySpace David Nail – I’m About To Come Alive Amazon | iTunes […]
The list of the most disappointing albums of the year includes a few good albums, some great artists, disappointing studio sets from veteran acts and two poor debut records. Here’s hoping that everybody does better next time. 10. Living Hard, Gary Allan Gary Allan is at his best when he paints outside the lines. Smoke […]
I’m not even going to try to name all the artists who have recorded this song, but I am surprised that a group like Confederate Railroad gave it a try. It’s not really in their genre, and you can hear it. This is the first release from the collection of classic covers that Confederate Railroad […]
We’ve come up with a playlist to help you add a more personal touch to that expensive gift that we know you’re lavishing on your mom this upcoming Mother’s Day. Mother’s play a special role in the lives of their children and each one of the following songs pays tribute to that bond between mother […]
Mario Tarradell has an article about Shanachie Records, the record label who signed Daryle Singletary, David Ball, and Confederate Railroad to record albums of old classics. Why the sudden interest in country? “We think there is a void in country music,” says Randall Grass, Shanachie’s general manager. “Country has become very pop-oriented and very youth-oriented […]
Mark Jordan has an article over on Commercial Appeal about a George Strait concert on Saturday night. After closing the main set with his own boogie woogie number “Unwound,” Strait returned for an encore that included “High Tone Woman” and a witty version of Johnny Cash’s “Folsom Prison Blues” that featured the singer doing an […]
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …
- Linda Salmons: Whoaa!!!! Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Beautiful tone and nuance - unmistakably Auldridge.
- Michael A.: Billboard also posted a pretty good piece on the new Trisha Yearwood album yesterday. Unfortunately, it sounds like only …
- Kathy Gaddis: Very very nice!
- bob: Good day with news of PrizeFighter Trisha and Drunken Martina.
- John Fuller: Oh yeah!! Crispy sweet!
- Rick Mifflin: Sublime
- Leeann: Very nice!
- luckyoldsun: Paul, Good info. It's pretty disgraceful that Billboard editors can't even get musical history remotely right regarding even their own publication. The …
- Juli Thanki: Yep, I'll be there. Looking forward to it!