The Lone Star Music Awards were held last night. Winners include: Lone Star Hall of Fame Inductees: Kent Finlay, Joe Ely Country Album of the Year: Kelly Willis & Bruce Robison – Cheater’s Game Emerging Artist of the Year: Thieving Birds Female Vocalist of the Year: Kacey Musgraves Male Vocalist of the Year: Cody Canada […]
Country music legend Charlie Louvin passed away early this morning at the age of 83. If you get a chance, check out his final recordings, released as a two-song project at the Country Music Hall of Fame. It contains “Alabama,” the first song ever recorded by The Louvin Brothers, and “Back When We Were Young,” […]
CMT Music Awards Recaps & Videos; First Day of CMA Fest Cut Short; Willie & Merle Top Americana Chart
CMT Music Awards recaps abound: CMT’s Calvin Gilbert notes that Carrie Underwood went home the big winner. She scored a video of the year trophy buckle for “Cowboy Casanova” and CMT performance of the year for a live version of “Temporary Home,” which was featured on CMT’s concert series Invitation Only. Check the full list […]
There was a ton of country music released in February, a great deal of which never found its way onto the pages of The 9513. Here are abbreviated album reviews of last month’s under-the-radar music. Lightning From The North – .357 String Band The third release from this scrappy Milwaukee quartet is bursting at the […]
Vince Gill is officially a “full-fledged” Time Jumper. He can be seen playing with the band on Monday nights at the Station Inn when he’s not touring. New releases for the week of February 9, 2010 include: Allison Moorer – Crows Amazon | iTunes (Deluxe Version) | MySpace The Chapmans – Grown Up (A Revisionist […]
The town of Helotes, Texas voted to amend the name of one of its oldest drags. The street in question, Old Bandera Way, is remaining Old Bandera Way, but also taking on the name Willie Nelson Way. And in other street news, Patsy Cline won’t be having her own way, or boulevard, anytime soon. A […]
After a decade of solid albums and steady touring, Reckless Kelly raised its profile considerably with the release of 2008’s Bulletproof. The album debuted in the Billboard Top Country Albums chart, had a #1 hit in Texas with “Ragged As The Road” and helped the band pick up an Americana Music Award nomination for Best […]
- luckyoldsun: I think the number one country murder ballad is "Frankie and Johnny"--by Jimmie. Also, how about "Delia's Gone" from Harry Belafonte …
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …
- Paul W Dennis: The Hight article is interesting, although I don't know that I would describe it as fantastic, but then I know …
- Dana M: I'm actually excited to hear a new Reba album. As for the Alan Jackson tour, I hope he announces Canadian …
- nm: Agreed. A good job by three very smart women.
- Deremy Jylan: The Hight piece is tremendous reading.
- Juli Thanki: Much like the music of Aldean and FGL, Michelob Ultra is favored by college kids and too much exposure will …
- Tom: ...michelob ultra seems to be a brew from hell.
- luckyoldsun: Maybe he was just changing out of his hunting clothes. At least he didn't do the full Randy...um Monty.