Chris Stapleton and The Steeldrivers Part Ways; Rare ’50s Video Rediscovered; Vote for the ACM Awards
When news leaked yesterday that Chris Stapleton was departing The Steeldrivers I hoped it was a cruel April Fool’s joke, unfortunately it appears to be true. Rare video footage from the 1950s featuring Hank Williams, Marty Robbins, the Carter Family and many other country legends was recently rediscovered by the widow of John Banks, a […]
The 2009 International Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame inductees are The Lonesome Pine Fiddlers and The Dillards. Tiffany, an ’80s pop star, told The Huntsville Times that she hopes to have a country project together by the end of the year. “I’ve had success after 20 years, and my fans have really been supportive of […]
Music City TV reports that attendance to CMA Music Fest was up seven percent over last year. Shooter Jennings asked his longtime girlfriend Drea de Matteo to marry him at his concert in Utica, N.Y. on Thursday. CMT published reviews of the nightly LP Field concerts at CMA Music Fest. Lucas Hendrickson recapped highlights of […]
Eagles‘ bassist Timothy B. Schmit plans to release his first solo album in eight years this coming fall, and he tells Billboard.com that there is a Dwight Yoakam and Kid Rock pairing. MusicCity TV has the initial lineup for the free riverfront concerts that will take place during the CMA Music Festival. Listen to the […]
Todd Snider will join ESPN tomorrow to chat and answer questions about his new album and his song “America’s Favorite Pastime” which is featured on The Homerun EP, a collection of baseball songs by Yep Roc Records artists. (via Twang Nation) Reba McEntire scored the highest solo chart debut of her career with her new […]
Country-pop singer Dan Seals passed away at the age of 61 after a battle with cancer. He turned to country music in the 1980s and had 11 number one singles that decade. Watch the video for one of his hits, “Everything That Glitters (Is Not Gold),” on YouTube. The Grande Ole Opry released Opry Country […]
Shawn Sahm led the surviving members of the Texas Tornados, Augie Meyers and Flaco Jiminez, in a six-song romp at Antone’s last night that was part of a two-hour tribute show to his father, the late Doug Sahm. In addition to a documentary that’s being made about his father, Shaw Sahm also told the crowd […]
For two days, March 17 and 18, American Idol will feature a Grand Ole Opry theme in which contestants will choose and perform songs popularized by Opry members. Carrie Underwood will also appear on the show to sing “I Told You So” with Randy Travis and Brad Paisley will debut his new single, “Then.” Kelleigh […]
The Americana Music Association announced that Terry Lickona, longtime Austin City Limits producer, will be the recipient of their Lifetime Achievement Award. This week’s Nashville Skyline is an 800 and some odd word rant about recent Viagra commercials using Nashville studio musicians to pitch their product. Funny stuff. I am frankly surprised that Viagra or […]
Galleywinter forum members discuss the effect that the escalating gas prices have had on the number of concerts that they’re able to attend. Most are saying that road trips to see favorite artists are almost out of the question. Check out the fancy new Roughstock website. They’re currently featuring an exclusive interview with Ashton Shepherd. […]
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider
- luckyoldsun: If I was a "long-time fan" of Trisha, I'd probably spring for the CD.