The Little Willies are back, with a second album due out in January that will feature covers of “Lovesick Blues,” “For the Good Times” (also the title track), “Jolene,” and more. At 7pm Central tonight, NashvilleSymphony.org is streaming Bela Fleck’s “Concerto for Banjo and Orchestra.” The 17th Annual ICM Faith, Family & Country Awards, held […]
Clay Walker’s latest single “Where Do I Go From You” is making its way up country charts right now, on the heels of his top five hit “She Won’t Be Lonely Long.” I reviewed the song Friday on the blog, which I thought struck a nice balance between old and new: His neotraditional sound fit […]
Songwriters: Clint Daniels, Don Cook and Ryan Tyndell Just call Clay Walker the comeback kid. High on alliteration but low on probability, that title makes Walker the country music equivalent of Betty White. The nineties mainstay made a surprisingly impressive run up the charts in 2009, pushing “She Won’t Be Lonely Long,” the first single […]
Miranda Lambert Slates Acoustic DVD; Randy Travis Prepares Duet Album with McGraw, Chesney and Underwood
Miranda Lambert is scheduled to release a six-song acoustic performance DVD titled Revolution: Live By Candlelight on Oct. 12. Early next year, to celebrate his 25th year as a major-label artist, Randy Travis will release a new album of collaborations: “I’ve been in the studio already quite a few times at this point,” he says, […]
Don’t be alarmed if you pick up country veteran Clay Walker’s new album, She Won’t Be Lonely Long, and a few loose pieces of dirt roll off the country crooner’s familiar face. Walker’s first collection of songs in three years sounds like it was dug up from a backyard time capsule, most likely found alongside […]
Using data from radio airplay and album sales, Billboard ranked the top 25 country artists of the past 25 years. New releases for the week of June 8, 2010 include: Cadillac Sky – Letters in the Deep Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Clay Walker – She Won’t Be Lonely Long Amazon | iTunes | MySpace […]
George Strait Sets Record; Hank Williams Receives Posthumous Pulitzer Award; New Dixie Chicks Compilation
With “I Gotta Get to You” reaching No. 9 on Billboard‘s top country songs chart George Strait set a new record; he became the first act to hit the top 10 on any Billboard chart for 30 straight years. If it weren’t for an improperly placed drainfield that disrupted the sale of David Ball‘s Nashville […]
Shania Twain signed up for her own TV series, Why Not? With Shania Twain, which will run on OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network. The video for Miranda Lambert‘s “The House That Built Me” is now available to the non-paying public. Clay Walker and Jewel both have new albums due out on June 8. Country California […]
Last.fm Top Artists Just when you thought we’d had pretty much all of the Johnny Cash material that was available, we were treated with the news that one more album is going to be released this year. He’s doing pretty good with posthumous releases, but he’s got a way to go before he’s in the […]
Last.fm Top Artists Without any new music at the present, members of The 9513 group have gone back to their favorites, with Miranda Lambert and George Strait tied for #1 with 33 listeners each. While the rest of the Top 10 features some old favorites, artists like Garth Brooks and Taylor Swift (25 listeners each) […]
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.
- luckyoldsun: I seem to recall hearing a recording of the Christmas song "Walking in the Winter Wonderland" where the line "In …
- Leeann Ward: For a slow new Christmas music year, the announcement of the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP and the Christmas tracks by …
- chris: That voice singing with Jim Ed is younger sister Bonnie, also a member of the Browns.
- Kev: I saw Jim Ed at the Opry in June and he sounded great then. I certainly look forward to …
- Delica Smith: I've had the blessings of following Mr. JimEd and Helen Cornelius since the mid 70s. I was a amateur …
- Inell: I meant to say you still sound as great as you did when you sang Pop O Top
- Inell: Oh Jim this is an awesome song I will be adding this to the collection of your other records I …
- Arlene: I couldn't agree more with Bonnie Raitt's description of Mavis Staples as a live performer. Forget St. John's wort-- …
- Tom: "...lucinda williams recorded enough material for another album" - better late than never this strike of wisdom.