Vacation with Joey+Rory; Golf & Guitars News: Kid Rock Partners with Symphony and Keith Urban Is Number One
The home office of Engine 145 has been experiencing some technical difficulties this week and we’ll be back to a normal posting schedule as quickly as we can. Joey+Rory are hosting “Retreat to the Ranch,” a vacation getaway in Wyoming from July 8 -14. It looks like a cross between City Slickers and the Grand […]
Cinderella looks really great for her age. Considering the fact that she was “born” way back in 1697 in a story written by Charles Perrault, that girl needs to bottle whatever she’s putting on her face and go head-to-head with Oil of Olay. Cinderella’s story has gone on to inspire operas, ballets, ice shows, poems, […]
Wilma Lee Cooper, a member of the Grand Ole Opry for 50+ years, passed away at the age of 90 late last week. Elizabeth Cook probably said it best: “Sad to know of the passing of Wilma Lee Cooper, a personal hero and original punk rockin honky tonk girl.” Wilma Lee and Stoney Cooper had […]
Jamey Johnson Dominates ‘Nashville Scene’ Critics Poll; ACM Plans Tribute to Women of Country; Todd Snider on Bob Dylan
Jamey Johnson eats critics polls for breakfast. At least that’s the logical conclusion from the just-published critics poll in Nashville Scene, where Johnson received nearly twice as many votes as the runner-up. After looking at the results himself, Geoffrey Himes took the time to write a more reasoned conclusion. Check it out, it’s well worth […]
Audio Engineer Jim Williamson Passed Away; Chuck Wicks and RCA Split; Sierra Hull at The Kennedy Center
Audio engineer Jim Williamson, whose many recording credits include “Coal Miner’s Daughter,” “Stand by Your Man,” and “That’s The Way Love Goes,” passed away Thursday at the age of 75. Mr. Williamson’s composure was evidenced during a three-hour Gene Watson session in which only 10 minutes remained. Watson wanted to attempt one more song, though […]
Perhaps a little angst has been a good thing for smooth pretty boy Chuck Wicks: “Hold That Thought,” the first single after his public breakup with Dancing With The Stars darling (and sometimes country singer) Julianne Hough, is a surprisingly strong offering that manages to sound at once modern, authentic and decidedly country. While Wicks […]
The Opry Lives On; Julianne Hough to Return to ‘Dancing with the Stars’; Stream Hank III’s New Album
The Tennessean‘s Cindy Watts recapped last night’s Opry show as did Chris Talbott. Galleywinter is giving away a pair of tickets to Rodney Hayden‘s songwriter festival this weekend and an autographed copy of his new album, Tavern of Poets. Country California’s C.M. Wilcox makes a case for musical comparisons. And then, in his review of […]
Joe Galante’s Departure; Lyric Street Closing; Blake Shelton Lands Record Fish; Rodney Hayden & Friends Lineup
Sony Music Nashville head honcho Joe Galante — the man responsible for launching/guiding the careers of acts like Kenny Chesney, Martina McBride, Chris Young, Carrie Underwood, and many more — announced his plans to leave the company after a nearly 40-year career. Galante is expected to assist his replacement, Gary Overton, transition into his CEO […]
“Today,” Gary Allan’s most recent single, has roared up the charts with all the speed of a tree sloth, taking more than eight months to crack Billboard’s Top 20. It’s not exactly a mystery why–with a drippy string section and pedestrian theme, it’s more suited to a lesser light like Jimmy Wayne or Chuck Wicks. […]
Jeff Bridges, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Ryan Bingham and T Bone Burnett earned Oscar nominations for their work on Crazy Heart. The soundtrack is currently available for download at $5.00 with the deluxe edition marked up a few dollars at $7.99. New releases for the week of February 2, 2009 include: Béla Fleck – Throw Down Your […]
- Carrie Mclaughlin: Your my Hero Mr. Jim Lauderdale!!! Come to Alaska Please? hehehehe
- Jeremy Dylan: You should check it out Dave D. It's from the first (and strongest) season.
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.
- lindsay thomas: Wife and I saw these guys last Thursday night, (7-24-14) at the Ryman in Nashville. What a show. …
- Donald: I'm guessing that is meant to read 're-release' Detroit to Wheeling, as the double album originally appeared on Pinecastle in …
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY