Craig Morgan rags on Blake Shelton in a new video that shows him reading a poem he wrote in response to a poem Shelton wrote earlier this year poking fun at his hair. In one line of the poem Morgan reads, “Don’t be discouraged when your girlfriend sells more records than you. I mean seriously, […]
Lorrie Morgan celebrates her 25th anniversary as an Opry member tonight. On the subject of songs that got away, John Anderson admits that he turned down “Baby’s Got Her Blue Jeans On,” not knowing that it was Conway Twitty who originally sent the song his way. It was a missed opportunity, but he hopes to […]
Universal Music Group Nashville chairman Luke Lewis has been selling records for 35 years and he says Jamey Johnson achieving gold status for That Lonesome Song, which was celebrated at a BMI party on Tuesday, is the proudest moment of his career. When asked what mark he’s trying to leave on country music, Johnson responded: […]
The final round of nominees for the 2009 CMT Music Awards has been announced and voting is open. Sugarland leads with five nominations while Brad Paisley and Taylor Swift follow with four each. New releases for the week of May 19, 2009 include: Ashley Monroe – Satisfied Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Craig Duncan – […]
The Dixie Chick‘s “Sin Wagon,” Drive-By Truckers‘ “3 Dimes Down” and Kenny Rogers‘ “The Gambler” are three of the 21 add-on country tracks that the makers of the popular Rock Band video game plan to release. Bill Monroe’s Bluegrass Hall of Fame will induct Doc Watson for his contributions to both bluegrass and folk music […]
With “I Told You So,” Carrie Underwood became the first country artist in history ever to achieve 10 No. 1 singles on the strength of their first two albums. New releases for the week of May 12, 2009 include: Alecia Nugent – Hillbilly Goddess Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Amazing Rhythm Aces – Very Best […]
Willie Nelson‘s stage manager of 34 years, Randall “Poodie” Locke, passed away at his home yesterday from a heart attack. He was 56. Michael Corcoran explains how he got the name Poodie: As his mother Gloria “Momma” Locke loved to say, Poodie won the Most Beautiful Baby contest in Waco when he was just a […]
- Arlene: I'd have included "Omie Wise." Doc Watson's is the version I'm familiar with but I think it's been recorded by …
- luckyoldsun: I think the number one country murder ballad is "Frankie and Johnny"--by Jimmie. Also, how about "Delia's Gone" from Harry Belafonte …
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …
- Paul W Dennis: The Hight article is interesting, although I don't know that I would describe it as fantastic, but then I know …
- Dana M: I'm actually excited to hear a new Reba album. As for the Alan Jackson tour, I hope he announces Canadian …
- nm: Agreed. A good job by three very smart women.
- Deremy Jylan: The Hight piece is tremendous reading.
- Juli Thanki: Much like the music of Aldean and FGL, Michelob Ultra is favored by college kids and too much exposure will …
- Tom: ...michelob ultra seems to be a brew from hell.