Folks today just don’t sing about infectious diseases like they used to a century ago — thanks a lot, Alexander Fleming — so today, we’re going to look at a handful of older songs written about influenza. (Though, if you’re looking for a new flu song, Chris Jones & The Night Drivers’ 2012 album Lonely Comes […]
ACM Awards Announce First Round of Performers; Drive-By Truckers Play Conan; Freshgrass Acquires No Depression
Later this month, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum will hold two Bakersfield-related events: a Pete Anderson interview/performance on March 23 and a screening of Merle Haggard’s American Masters episode on March 30. Freshgrass has acquired No Depression. American Songwriter compiled a list of 15 classic songs about New Orleans. Our pal Eric […]
Whenever you round a corner in the bluegrass world, you’re liable run into Chris Jones. Co-writer, with John Pennell of the 2007 IBMA Song of the Year, “Fork in the Road,” columnist for Bluegrass Today, a host on Sirius XM’s Bluegrass Junction, and front man of The Night Drivers, Jones is one of bluegrass’s most […]
Johnnie Wright, of Johnnie and Jack, passed away at the age of 97. He had been married to Kitty Wells since 1937. Paul Kirby of the Cactus Brothers passed away on Sunday. He was 48. Stream the upcoming Merle Haggard record Working in Tennessee (out October 4). Stream Ryan Adams’ Ashes & Fire at NPR. […]
- luckyoldsun: If they're only allowed one modern inductee per year in the H-o-F, then there's a backlog developing. You have Skaggs, …
- Leeann Ward: I'm not an ETC fan, but I do love "Brotherly Love" with Keith Whitley.
- luckyoldsun: It's got to be "What I'd Say." (I think that's the title.) There was some question, I believe, over whether …
- Paul W Dennis: probably "Nobody Falls Like A Fool" or "Silent Treatment"
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Where in heck's name is "That Was A Close One"?!?!? It's the guy's best song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrR_2rXiKA0
- Cody: Love seeing ETC getting some credit! My five, in no particular order at first; Crowd Around the Corner Home So Fine I Have …
- Juli Thanki: I think it's technically a Keith Whitley song, but I've always been fond of his duet with ETC, "Brotherly Love."
- luckyoldsun: Lots of very good artists have not had anywhere near the radio play and hits that Lee Ann Womack has …
- Hard Times: Just read Jewly Hight's feature on Womack. I couldn't believe Womack has had only a half dozen or so Top …
- Barry Mazor: Leeann, Im not surprised about your sister's response--or that, for many, Garth Brooks now equals the ancient days of country …