The top two spots on the country album sales chart this week belong to teen-phenom Taylor Swift for her exclusive Wal-Mart CD/DVD combo Beautiful Eyes and her self-titled debut album. So in this case, does that make third place the first loser? Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush describe their experience rolling over the top of […]
Tiffany Fallon, wife of Rascal Flatts guitarist Joe Don Rooney, gave birth to Jagger Donovan Rooney on Saturday. A humbled Chris Cagle released a statement addressing his recent arrest: I do want it to be known, however, that this argument was not elevated nor induced because of my being intoxicated. I’ve worked too hard and […]
Chris Cagle and his girlfriend were arrested on domestic assault charges. The two were arguing outside a bar and apparently things escalated when they returned to Cagle’s home. Cagle has a bump on his head from his girlfriend hitting him on the head with an umbrella, while his girlfriend is scuffed up from him hitting […]
As remarkable as Eddy Arnold‘s country music career was, Chet Flippo says, “his lasting legacy will be that he made the world safe for country pop music.” Flippo also pulled a snippet from a CMT interview where Arnold recalled one of the first times he recognized the split between pop and hillbilly music. Peter Cooper […]
Songwriters: George Teren and Craig Wiseman You know that song by BJ Thomas “Another somebody done somebody wrong song?” Despite it being kind of cheesy and heavy-handed, I love that song. Chris Cagle’s new tune, “No Love Songs”–not so much. The song kicks off with silly production featuring shakers and zany “ooooh” chants but I […]
The sheriff’s department in Tyler, Texas is investigating an alleged assault case involving Miranda Lambert. According to reports, Lambert and her boyfriend Blake Shelton were attending a CD release party for an Adam Hood show when she was approached by Aisha Esbay for a photograph. She said Lambert told her “maybe later.” Esbay said she […]
Blue Highway – Through the Window of a Train If Dierks Bentley ever makes a bluegrass album, and I suspect that he will, it would sound a lot like this. The Dierksache may not much resemble Tim Stafford’s high lonesome, but Through the Window of a Train finds this veteran bluegrass group crooning a self-penned […]
An fundraiser for Barack Obama at the Austin Music Hall last night featured country artists Ray Benson and Joe Ely, and Obama himself even joined in for a performance of “Boogie Back to Texas.” The Asleep at the Wheel MySpace blog has several additional pictures. Chet Flippo weighs in on Kix Brooks’ comments about artists […]
CMA board member Kix Brooks believes the annual CMA Music Festival needs to start paying artists to play at the event, instead of asking them to perform for free year after year. “It’s not in immediate danger, but we need to do some housekeeping,” he said. “I was pleading today with civic leaders to get […]
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …
- Russ Morris: My introduction to Dwight was This Time. Every song on that album is my favorite. I'm playing 3 Pears in …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: Favorite Dwight Yoakam song? Too darn tough to choose! I do love his second Greatest Hits album, though, featuring his …
- Ken Morton, Jr.: The inferiority complex of the CMA never ceases to amaze me.