File this as: Corb Lund begins conquering the U.S… …or how a great singer/songwriter thoroughly entertained the friends and families of his opening acts, as well as a handful of die-hard fans. In case you didn’t read Brady’s interview of Corb Lund from last week (and if you didn’t, what’s your problem?), the Canadian singer/songwriter […]
Last.fm Top Artists George Strait has held the #1 spot for most of the month of September, but Brad Paisley takes over this week with 29 listeners, one more than Strait. Dwight Yoakam, having a bit of a resurgence despite not having any new material, tied Tim McGraw for third place with 24. Miranda Lambert, […]
Springtime is here, the economy is in the toilet, you just lost your job (and John Rich is probably going to write a song about it)–doesn’t it just make you want to pack a bandanna on a stick and head out of town on the next freight train? It sure sounds romantic: seeing the country, […]
The Paisley’s named their second son Jasper Warren Paisley. The house belonging to Jimmy Dean and his wife caught fire last night, injuring three firefighters. Fortunately, the country singer and his wife were able to escape without harm. The New York Times‘ songwriting blog, Measure for Measure, is temporarily closing down and as an encore, […]
After several years out of print, Chatham County Line’s 2003 self-titled debut is finally being reissued, now on Yep Roc Records. While the Raleigh, North Carolina quartet has recently become a Newgrass/Alt-Country mover and shaker with its outstanding 2008 release IV, the band’s first record finds the group at its most traditional. Chatham County Line […]
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …
- Linda Salmons: Whoaa!!!! Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Beautiful tone and nuance - unmistakably Auldridge.
- Michael A.: Billboard also posted a pretty good piece on the new Trisha Yearwood album yesterday. Unfortunately, it sounds like only …
- Kathy Gaddis: Very very nice!
- bob: Good day with news of PrizeFighter Trisha and Drunken Martina.
- John Fuller: Oh yeah!! Crispy sweet!
- Rick Mifflin: Sublime
- Leeann: Very nice!
- luckyoldsun: Paul, Good info. It's pretty disgraceful that Billboard editors can't even get musical history remotely right regarding even their own publication. The …