File this as: Corb Lund begins conquering the U.S… …or how a great singer/songwriter thoroughly entertained the friends and families of his opening acts, as well as a handful of die-hard fans. In case you didn’t read Brady’s interview of Corb Lund from last week (and if you didn’t, what’s your problem?), the Canadian singer/songwriter […]
Last.fm Top Artists George Strait has held the #1 spot for most of the month of September, but Brad Paisley takes over this week with 29 listeners, one more than Strait. Dwight Yoakam, having a bit of a resurgence despite not having any new material, tied Tim McGraw for third place with 24. Miranda Lambert, […]
Springtime is here, the economy is in the toilet, you just lost your job (and John Rich is probably going to write a song about it)–doesn’t it just make you want to pack a bandanna on a stick and head out of town on the next freight train? It sure sounds romantic: seeing the country, […]
The Paisley’s named their second son Jasper Warren Paisley. The house belonging to Jimmy Dean and his wife caught fire last night, injuring three firefighters. Fortunately, the country singer and his wife were able to escape without harm. The New York Times‘ songwriting blog, Measure for Measure, is temporarily closing down and as an encore, […]
After several years out of print, Chatham County Line’s 2003 self-titled debut is finally being reissued, now on Yep Roc Records. While the Raleigh, North Carolina quartet has recently become a Newgrass/Alt-Country mover and shaker with its outstanding 2008 release IV, the band’s first record finds the group at its most traditional. Chatham County Line […]
- Dana M: Now I wish I went to see Miranda Lambert in concert.
- bob: Enjoyed the articles on the story behind "When She Cries" and the dearth of women on Canadian Country radio. Thanks. …
- Saving Country Music: Everything that came out in Friday's assessment of Studio 'A' by the developer was stuff we already knew. The only …
- bob: Thanks Barry. Just reserved the Adam Gussow book. Sounds interesting.
- Barry Mazor: It may be over-stated, in arriving at practically a single explanation of everything, but Adam Gussow's book on lynching and …
- Leeann: Wow! Heavy topic and horrifying indeed! "Beer for My Horses" was all fun and games until that reference, I'll have …
- Barry Mazor: Everything else aside, the way that reporter fills us in, with must-have, pointless generational snark included, about who this "Little …
- luckyoldsun: "The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia" seems to be about a lynching--even if there's something about a judge …
- Arlene: Sorry. I meant to give the link for "Supper Time." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ58Kfe41kI
- Arlene: Another song sung by Ethel Waters: Irving Berlin's "Supper Time"