Dirt Drifters Cancel All Upcoming Appearances; Chatham County Line Plans Live Album Release; Jewel to Play June Carter Cash in Lifetime Movie
The Ryman’s chief audio engineer, Les Banks, talks about the room’s sound with Mix Magazine: “There are so many reflective surfaces, and the biggest challenge is the absolutely phenomenal difference between the empty Ryman at soundcheck and a full house that night. It’s night-and-day different; to this day I get freaked out by how loud […]
Miranda Lambert and Zac Brown Band Among CMA Awards Performers; Songs That Make Men Cry; Elizabeth Cook’s New Video
Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton, Dierks Bentley, Kenny Chesney, Lady Antebellum, and the Zac Brown Band with Alan Jackson will perform at the CMA Awards on Nov. 10. Watch the video premiere for Elizabeth Cook‘s song “All The Time.” In the latest issue of Brad’s Corner at Galleywinter, he argues that Nashville sucks. Just kidding. It’s […]
Blake Shelton Invited to Join Opry; ‘Country Strong’ Tracklist Announced; Nashville Venue Plans Austin Location
It only took the Opry 69 characters of the allotted 140 on Twitter to invite Blake Shelton to become a member during last night’s Opry House reopening ceremony. Watch video of the invitation on YouTube » Tom Roland recapped the events of the Grand Ole Opry House reopening. But the night also included performances that […]
Saturday in Atlanta was a balmy 97 degrees, with about 100 percent humidity. Inside of Eddie’s Attic, however, it was at least a degree or two cooler, providing a minuscule amount of relief to the musicians who stepped under the stage lights that night. Miraculously, nobody passed out from the heat, though brows were mopped […]
Billy Joe Shaver is recovering from minor heart surgery and is expected to resume performing in August. Even with pancreatic cancer Charlie Louvin maintains his optimism and seems as vital as ever. Funny or Die, the comedy website co-founded by Will Ferrell, posted a new video featuring Jewel in disguise performing at a karaoke bar. […]
With each album, Chatham County Line tests their limits a little bit more. The North Carolina quartet has morphed from the fairly straightforward bluegrass band found on their 2003 self-titled debut to a bluegrass-rock-alt-country hybrid on 2007’s excellent IV. Fifth album Wildwood is a hit and miss record that fails to live up to the […]
It’s official, Carrie Underwood is a married woman. New releases for the week of July 13, 2010 include: Chatham County Line – Wildwood Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Chris Shiflett & The Dead Peasants – Chris Shiflett & The Dead Peasants Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Darrell Webb Band – Bloodline Amazon | MySpace Eliza […]
Two Best Cowboy Records; David Allan Coe Marries; Merle Haggard Wants to Regurgitate When He Hears ____
Tom Russell on Marty Robbins‘ Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs and Tex Ritters‘ Blood on the Saddle: “If God made two better cowboy records (to paraphrase W.S. Burroughs) he kept them to his glorious self.” Country California Fake News: Craig Wiseman Turns Shopping List Into Life-Affirming Anthem With the ever-increasing sales at outlets like iTunes, […]
Joe Galante’s Departure; Lyric Street Closing; Blake Shelton Lands Record Fish; Rodney Hayden & Friends Lineup
Sony Music Nashville head honcho Joe Galante — the man responsible for launching/guiding the careers of acts like Kenny Chesney, Martina McBride, Chris Young, Carrie Underwood, and many more — announced his plans to leave the company after a nearly 40-year career. Galante is expected to assist his replacement, Gary Overton, transition into his CEO […]
Thankfulness in country music can often be sarcastic, as in “Thanks A Lot,” or humorous, like “Thank God and Greyhound.” But with this month’s playlist we’re going to be serious, and check out some songs on which artists count their various blessings. 20. “Thank God For The Road” – The Flatlanders “When you’re trying to […]
- Leeann Ward: Thanks, NM. I like a good pop hook, to be honest. So, maybe I need to try it again.
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim Z. That changes everything. I surrender.
- Jim Z: to call the Dirty River Boys an "Austin area band" is still incorrect. They are based in El Paso.
- nm: Leeann, you and I often have similar tastes in more-traditional country. And, to my ears, Sam Hunt's voice and lyrics …
- Barry Mazor: Matter of fact, as always--I did. The notes say the album was recorded & mixed by and at "The …
- Roger: Looking forward to picking up the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP - love all of those songs and can't wait for …
- Jim Z: that record was recorded in El Paso. (you could look it up) and other than appearing in Austin once in …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, I can always use more dobro in my life! Thanks for the Phil Leadbetter tip! I haven't been able to …
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim. The record's more or less out of Austin. But I'm sure they're also good in El Paso...
- Jim Z: Dirty River Boys are from El Paso, Texas.