New Whitney Duncan Album In Works; Miley Cyrus Has Death Threats and Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver Announce Gospel Album
Whitney Duncan, fresh off her Survivor experience, has taken to Kickstarter to help raise funds for a new album called Where The Back Roads Run. “This is so fun for me, because I can make the record I want to make! I really hope ya’ll are as excited about this project as I am…it was […]
From the deserts of the Mojave Desert to the redwoods of Eureka, California has some of the most diverse geography in the country. Whether it’s the coastline of Big Sur to the towering skyscrapers dotting the City of San Francisco, there’s no shortage of inspiration. It’s no wonder that California towns have made it into […]
Recently, country music blog My Kind of Country published an article about some of the genre’s most notable near-misses–songs that stalled at the #2 position on Billboard’s Country Charts. While I suppose it is disappointing for an artist to almost reach the top, the fact remains that any song that reaches the Top 10 is […]
Here are some more songs that I like; one song per artist, not necessarily his or her biggest hit. As always, I consider myself free to comment on other songs by the artist. “Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song” – Billy Joe “B.J.” Thomas (1975) His biggest country hit reached #1 and also topped the […]
Grand Ole Opry and Country Music Disc Jockey Hall of Fame member Charlie Walker passed away on Friday at age 81. Peter Cooper eulogizes: In 1958, Mr. Walker decided to record “Pick Me Up On Your Way Down,” from the pen of an aspiring songwriter named Harlan Howard who was a forklift driver at a […]
- luckyoldsun: I think the number one country murder ballad is "Frankie and Johnny"--by Jimmie. Also, how about "Delia's Gone" from Harry Belafonte …
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …
- Paul W Dennis: The Hight article is interesting, although I don't know that I would describe it as fantastic, but then I know …
- Dana M: I'm actually excited to hear a new Reba album. As for the Alan Jackson tour, I hope he announces Canadian …
- nm: Agreed. A good job by three very smart women.
- Deremy Jylan: The Hight piece is tremendous reading.
- Juli Thanki: Much like the music of Aldean and FGL, Michelob Ultra is favored by college kids and too much exposure will …
- Tom: ...michelob ultra seems to be a brew from hell.
- luckyoldsun: Maybe he was just changing out of his hunting clothes. At least he didn't do the full Randy...um Monty.