Lee Ann Womack to Sing at Maya Angelou’s Funeral; Alan Jackson Plans 25th Anniversary Tour; Nobel Prize Nominee Writes Country Songs
Last night’s CMT Music Awards winners: Group Video of the Year: The Band Perry – “Done” Breakthrough Video of the Year: Cassadee Pope – “Wasting All These Tears” Male Video of the Year: Blake Shelton – “Doin’ What She Likes” CMT Performance of the Year: Luke Bryan and Lionel Richie – “Oh No/All Night Long” Collaborative Video […]
Tommy Scott, Robert Earl Reed Pass Away; Keith Urban to Sell Guitars on Home Shopping Network; New Music Videos
On this week’s MediaBase country charts, Jason Aldean takes over the top spot with “Night Train” while Sara Evans and Randy Houser both enter the Top 50 with new singles. Luke Bryan forgot to put his pickup in park and it rolled into a lake. Western film star and former Grand Ole Opry star Ramblin’ […]
Tompall Glaser Passes Away; Noam Pikelny Salutes Bluegrass Greats on New Concept Album; Will Hoge Announces Fall Tour
Tompall Glaser passed away yesterday at the age of 79. The Tennessean, Nashville Scene, CMT.com, The L.A. Times, and The 615 posted obituaries. Out October 1 on Compass Records: Noam Pikelny Plays Kenny Baker Plays Bill Monroe. From the press release: Baker’s fiddle brought an elegant and refined voice to Monroe’s music and Pikelny precisely […]
Renaissance man Peter Cooper will release his third album, Opening Day, on September 10. Cooper interviewed John Oates about his new “Appalachia-meets-Philadelphia country soul” project, Good Road to Follow. Rosanne Cash’s currently-untitled new album will be released January 14. It appears that the Curb-Tim McGraw legal saga might be nearing an end after a federal judge […]
The nominees for the Inspirational Country Music Awards were announced yesterday. Awards will be handed out at the 2013 ICM Faith, Family and Country Convention and Awards in Nashville on 10/24. John Rich has a deal for a new television series on the TV Guide Network. Music journalist, MGM record-label executive, educator and author Mort […]
ACM Awards Post Biggest Ratings Since 1998; Avett Brothers to Headline Newport Folk Festival; Album Releases
The new Brad Paisley-LL Cool J collaboration, “Accidental Racist,” blew up across the internet yesterday afternoon. Here’s a USA Today interview with Paisley as well (warning: autoplay). Sunday night’s ACM Awards were watched by 15.38 million viewers, the highest ratings these awards have seen since 1998. The Avett Brothers will headline the 2013 Newport Folk Festival. Iris […]
Vince Gill to Receive Frances William Preston Lifetime Music Achievement Award; Stream Kacey Musgraves’ Same Trailer Different Park; New Music Videos
A march on the CMA offices to protest the elimination of traditional country music from their objectives is being planned for April 17 and a petition is being circulated “to accomplish two things for the worldwide fans of traditional American country music. One to encourage record companies, producers, and recording artists to actually record more […]
- Bobby P.: Thanks for the link to my one hit wonder article!
- Leeann: I'm glad you reviewed this album. I think your rating is what I'd give it too. It's a good album, …
- luckyoldsun: That Bobby Bare/Bill Parsons story has been often told, but I still don't quite understand how two then-nobodies could go …
- Leeann: The Jack Clement album is quite good!
- Donald: "Ryan Adams announced .... the August 19 release of “1984,'" Which, I'm told, is the fifteen years later update of his …
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Delighted to hear that Hot Rize have a new album coming out – and thanks for the link to that …
- luckyoldsun: Nobody can do Karaoke George Jones like Kershaw!
- Bruce: LW, Don't apologize for your Bryant comment. You were more gracious than I would have been.
- Bruce: My vote is for Marty Stuart for his exhaustive body of work that is directional yet diversified.
- Leeann: Dang! Let me write my above sentence again!: Kelley MicKwee’s album is sounding good so far too. I really like “Beautiful …