Lee Ann Womack to Sing at Maya Angelou’s Funeral; Alan Jackson Plans 25th Anniversary Tour; Nobel Prize Nominee Writes Country Songs
Last night’s CMT Music Awards winners: Group Video of the Year: The Band Perry – “Done” Breakthrough Video of the Year: Cassadee Pope – “Wasting All These Tears” Male Video of the Year: Blake Shelton – “Doin’ What She Likes” CMT Performance of the Year: Luke Bryan and Lionel Richie – “Oh No/All Night Long” Collaborative Video […]
Tommy Scott, Robert Earl Reed Pass Away; Keith Urban to Sell Guitars on Home Shopping Network; New Music Videos
On this week’s MediaBase country charts, Jason Aldean takes over the top spot with “Night Train” while Sara Evans and Randy Houser both enter the Top 50 with new singles. Luke Bryan forgot to put his pickup in park and it rolled into a lake. Western film star and former Grand Ole Opry star Ramblin’ […]
Tompall Glaser Passes Away; Noam Pikelny Salutes Bluegrass Greats on New Concept Album; Will Hoge Announces Fall Tour
Tompall Glaser passed away yesterday at the age of 79. The Tennessean, Nashville Scene, CMT.com, The L.A. Times, and The 615 posted obituaries. Out October 1 on Compass Records: Noam Pikelny Plays Kenny Baker Plays Bill Monroe. From the press release: Baker’s fiddle brought an elegant and refined voice to Monroe’s music and Pikelny precisely […]
Renaissance man Peter Cooper will release his third album, Opening Day, on September 10. Cooper interviewed John Oates about his new “Appalachia-meets-Philadelphia country soul” project, Good Road to Follow. Rosanne Cash’s currently-untitled new album will be released January 14. It appears that the Curb-Tim McGraw legal saga might be nearing an end after a federal judge […]
The nominees for the Inspirational Country Music Awards were announced yesterday. Awards will be handed out at the 2013 ICM Faith, Family and Country Convention and Awards in Nashville on 10/24. John Rich has a deal for a new television series on the TV Guide Network. Music journalist, MGM record-label executive, educator and author Mort […]
ACM Awards Post Biggest Ratings Since 1998; Avett Brothers to Headline Newport Folk Festival; Album Releases
The new Brad Paisley-LL Cool J collaboration, “Accidental Racist,” blew up across the internet yesterday afternoon. Here’s a USA Today interview with Paisley as well (warning: autoplay). Sunday night’s ACM Awards were watched by 15.38 million viewers, the highest ratings these awards have seen since 1998. The Avett Brothers will headline the 2013 Newport Folk Festival. Iris […]
Vince Gill to Receive Frances William Preston Lifetime Music Achievement Award; Stream Kacey Musgraves’ Same Trailer Different Park; New Music Videos
A march on the CMA offices to protest the elimination of traditional country music from their objectives is being planned for April 17 and a petition is being circulated “to accomplish two things for the worldwide fans of traditional American country music. One to encourage record companies, producers, and recording artists to actually record more […]
- Leeann Ward: Thanks, NM. I like a good pop hook, to be honest. So, maybe I need to try it again.
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim Z. That changes everything. I surrender.
- Jim Z: to call the Dirty River Boys an "Austin area band" is still incorrect. They are based in El Paso.
- nm: Leeann, you and I often have similar tastes in more-traditional country. And, to my ears, Sam Hunt's voice and lyrics …
- Barry Mazor: Matter of fact, as always--I did. The notes say the album was recorded & mixed by and at "The …
- Roger: Looking forward to picking up the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP - love all of those songs and can't wait for …
- Jim Z: that record was recorded in El Paso. (you could look it up) and other than appearing in Austin once in …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, I can always use more dobro in my life! Thanks for the Phil Leadbetter tip! I haven't been able to …
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim. The record's more or less out of Austin. But I'm sure they're also good in El Paso...
- Jim Z: Dirty River Boys are from El Paso, Texas.