Garth Brooks Wins Lawsuit, Lyle Lovett Shares Wisdom with Esquire; Stream Gretchen Peters’ Hello Cruel World
Merle Haggard’s almost over the double pneumonia that landed him in a Macon, Georgia hospital—but he’s also been diagnosed with three stomach ulcers, eight polyps in his colon, and esophageal diverticulitis. Garth Brooks won his lawsuit against an Oklahoma hospital, which will be required to pay him a million dollars. Watch former Carolina Chocolate Drop […]
Check out the Chieftains/Pistol Annies collaboration on “Come All Ye Fair and Tender Ladies” from the Chieftains’ upcoming 50th anniversary album, Voice of Ages. The Carolina Chocolate Drops’ new album, Leaving Eden, will be released on February 28. Loretta Lynn postponed her first two shows of the year to give her a few more weeks […]
Billie Jo Spears Passes Away; Hayes Carll Tops AMA Top 10; Faith Hill to Perform at People’s Choice Awards
Billie Jo Spears passed away yesterday from cancer at the age of 74. Peter Cooper’s newest Tennessean column is all about Bonaparte’s Retreat, Emmylou Harris’ worthwhile dog rescue organization. Speaking of Emmylou, her album, as well as those from Hayes Carll, John Hiatt, Alison Krauss & Union Station, and others, made the Americana Music Association’s […]
Sugarland Performs at Nobel Peace Prize Concert; Brian Wright Offers Free EP; Stream Bob Dylan Tribute Album
Kenny Baker, Keith Coleman, Herman Johnson, and Woody Paul of Riders in the Sky will be inducted into the National Fiddler Hall of Fame in April 2012. On Saturday night Taylor Swift accepted the Nashville Symphony Harmony Award, which is “presented to individuals who exemplify the harmonious spirit of Nashville’s music community.” On Amnesty International’s […]
Kenny Chesney and Grace Potter to Perform at CMA Awards; Audie Blaylock & Redline Will Perform Free Show; New Song From Gretchen Peters and Rodney Crowell
Gillian Welch and David Rawlings stopped by Good Day L.A. to play a couple songs. Scotty McCreery debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard Top 200 and Top Country Albums charts with Clear As Day, making him the youngest male in history to open at the top of the all-genre chart with a debut release. […]
Rascal Flatts Invited to Join Opry; Ryan Adams Announces New Tour Dates; Chris Pandolfi Delivers IBMA Keynote Address
Rascal Flatts was invited to join the Grand Ole Opry last night. Next Wednesday (October 5), Elizabeth Cook will be on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. On the 9th, the episode of Squidbillies on which she voiced the character of “Tammi” and covered the show’s theme song will air. Other news from the […]
View Trailer for The Lost Notebooks of Hank Williams; Opry Country Classics Lineup Announced; New Video from Will Hoge
The ACM Honors show was held last night. Tom T. Hall, the late Hank Cochran, Taylor Swift, Reba, and Larry Gatlin were among those who received awards. Lydia Loveless, the 21-year old Bloodshot artist who counts Hank Williams and Britney Spears among her musical influences, chatted with Eric R. Danton for Spinner. Check out the […]
Tracklisting Finalized for New George Strait Album; Free Compilation Record to Support Public Radio; Jean Shepard on a Boat
Rolling Stone announces that an album of Hank Williams’ lyrics and unfinished songs (which were found in a briefcase after Williams’ death) will be released on October 4. Bob Dylan, Alan Jackson, Vince Gill, and Norah Jones are just a few of the artists tasked with recording those songs. Taylor Swift hit up the Lincoln […]
If you weren’t at the Newport Folk Festival, or just want to relive it, check out NPR’s streams and downloads of artists like the Carolina Chocolate Drops, Wanda Jackson, Chris Thile & Michael Daves, and lots more. The newest edition of Quotable Country. Country singer Jack Barlow has passed away. Opry Pioneer Trudy Stamper has […]
Ken’s list of Jenny songs last week got me thinking I need to pay tribute to the one I come home to every night. While Ken’s lovely wife Jennifer is his high school sweetheart, my best girl is, well, a bitch. She’s my dog, Daisy. While the gals named Daisy in the songs below seem […]
- Barry Mazor: That any version of "Sound of Music" would be "trying to replace the cats of the movie" is an hysterically …
- TexasVet: The Von Trapps had some stinging comments concerning Underwood’s “Spound of Music” part. I think they pose some legitimate …
- tncheesehead: reading the story behind the Paisley/Underwood lawsuit I would guess that yes the idea was stolen - too many coincidences …
- BRUCE: Interesting lawsuit against Paisley & Underwood plus Sony. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The Von Trapps …
- Country fan: Hunter is very good, I wish he would do some traditional country music.
- Luckyoldsun: Well, Hunter plays a mean accordion on Jambalaya!
- Country fan: Merle is one of the greatest talents in music.
- Country fan: Could not agree more with Bruce !
- Janice Brooks: The Kenny and Amanda Smith track is in rotation her. Hoping for a promo from Brennen and Noel.
- SunsetPark: www.dictionary.com today has "5 Famous Words of Country Music" on their front page. It includes honky-tonk (with a reference …