The Americana Music Association announced that Terry Lickona, longtime Austin City Limits producer, will be the recipient of their Lifetime Achievement Award. This week’s Nashville Skyline is an 800 and some odd word rant about recent Viagra commercials using Nashville studio musicians to pitch their product. Funny stuff. I am frankly surprised that Viagra or […]
John Maglite claims the deck is already stacked against Caitlin & Will, the winners of CMT’s Can You Duet, due to the meteoric rise of Lady Antebellum. In any case, for Caitlin & Will, what should matter most about Lady Antebellum is that they recently released their second single. “Lookin’ for a Good Time” is […]
The former home of Johnny Cash‘s parents, which sits across the street from where Johnny and June’s home was burned down last year, is up for sale on eBay. For only 1.4 million dollars you get the house, Johnny Cash memorabilia, including a gold record of “I Walk the Line,” and you’ll be neighbors with […]
A man claiming to be the illegitimate son of the late Eddy Arnold filed a petition last Wednesday to establish paternity. The man, Christopher Edward Tanner, says he will do what is necessary to “make things right,” even if that means exhuming Arnold’s body for DNA testing. Danny Davis, the man who pioneered the use […]
- lindsay thomas: Wife and I saw these guys last Thursday night, (7-24-14) at the Ryman in Nashville. What a show. …
- Donald: I'm guessing that is meant to read 're-release' Detroit to Wheeling, as the double album originally appeared on Pinecastle in …
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."
- A.B.: Janice - I saw that too and sent him a Tweet about it.
- Janice Brooks: Peter Cooper needs an edit. Stringbean did not die in 1964.