John Rich Makes ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ Cast; The Steel Wheels Ask Fans For Help; Eric Brace/Peter Cooper Produce Tom T. Hall Tribute
It’s official: John Rich will be on the upcoming season of Celebrity Apprentice. Austin Music Source’s Michael Corcoran on Friday night’s George Strait/Reba McEntire/Lee Ann Womack show, which set a record for the Erwin Center: Though this seemed like a double headlined show on paper, Strait and his aptly named Ace In the Hole Band, […]
Goodnight Lane marks Colin Gilmore’s first album in about five years, but it’s hard to say that he hasn’t been keeping himself busy in the interim. Between touring on his own and opening for the likes of Alejandro Escovedo, Mason Jennings and The Flatlanders (featuring his dad, Jimmie Dale Gilmore), Gilmore spent the last year […]
Brooks & Dunn Cap Hall of Fame-Worthy Career; Ashley Monroe Signs New Deal; Carrie Underwood Snubbery
Kix Brooks and Ronnie Dunn capped their nearly 20-year career together last Thursday with “Brand New Man,” the same song that helped launch them way back in 1991. Watch a lo-fi video on YouTube (via That Nashville Sound). GAC’s Tom Roland says the show didn’t feel as final as it could have and declares the […]
Being the gracious guy that he is, Kenny Chesney wanted to give something extra to the fans with his upcoming release, Hemingway’s Whiskey. That something extra will take the form of two bonus tracks and a 30-minute DVD that includes video of an in-depth conversation with Chesney about each of the songs on a Deluxe […]
Peach Pickers In High Demand; Butch Hancock Closes Out ‘Iconic Years’ At Cactus Cafe; Bad ‘Carrie-Oke’
The trio of Rhett Akins, Dallas Davidson, and Ben Hayslip has quickly become a hot commodity in the country music songwriting realm. All three being from Georgia, they’ve embraced their newfound collective notoriety and dubbed themselves the Peach Pickers. The three friends scored their first hit as a songwriting trio in 2008 with Brooks & […]
‘American Idol’ Targets Shania; Reba Announces New Album; Jamey Johnson Talks About ‘The Guitar Song’
A source with apparent knowledge of the search for new American Idol judges named Shania Twain as a possible candidate. Austin Music Source’s John T. Davis recapped night one and night two of Butch Hancock‘s five-night No Two More Alike concert series at the Cactus Cafe. Hancock, like his songs, looked more or less ageless, […]
Craig Shelburne recapped Buddy Miller‘s artist-in-residence gig at the Country Music Hall of Fame on Tuesday, which featured special guests Tom T. Hall, Emmylou Harris, and the McCrary Sisters. With the song’s composer sitting in the front row, just a few steps away, Miller nervously introduced Tom T. Hall’s “That’s How I Got to Memphis.” […]
New releases for the week of August 10, 2010 include: Blake Shelton – All About Tonight Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Charlie Daniels – The Land That I Love Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Jerry Castle – Don’t Even Ask iTunes | MySpace Zac Brown Band‘s next album, You Get What You Give, isn’t set […]
Ruby Wright, the daughter of Johnny Wright and Kitty Wells, was found dead in her apartment on Sunday. The cause of death was presumably heart problems. Ms. Wright’s best known single was her 1964 “answer” to Roger Miller’s “Dang Me.” Her version was called “Dern Ya,” and it was featured in the Country Music Hall […]
The Americana Music Association announced the nominees for its 8th Honors and Awards ceremony yesterday. The ceremony will be held September 17 at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN during the Americana Festival and Conference and will be hosted by Jim Lauderdale, featuring a band led by Buddy Miller and additional, yet-to-be-named performers. The AMA […]
- Donald: "Don't Forget the Coffee, Billy Joe" is just one of my many favourites!
- paul w dennis: My favorite TTH sings are "I Can't Dance" and St. Louis Named A Shoe After Me" Of course, that just …
- luckyoldsun: Actually, it strikes me as a rather iffy subject for a museum. What kind of exhibits would they have? Jones …
- Tom: ...good idea, a george jones museum in nashville. is there a building tall enough for a voice and a career …
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …