John Rich Makes ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ Cast; The Steel Wheels Ask Fans For Help; Eric Brace/Peter Cooper Produce Tom T. Hall Tribute
It’s official: John Rich will be on the upcoming season of Celebrity Apprentice. Austin Music Source’s Michael Corcoran on Friday night’s George Strait/Reba McEntire/Lee Ann Womack show, which set a record for the Erwin Center: Though this seemed like a double headlined show on paper, Strait and his aptly named Ace In the Hole Band, […]
Goodnight Lane marks Colin Gilmore’s first album in about five years, but it’s hard to say that he hasn’t been keeping himself busy in the interim. Between touring on his own and opening for the likes of Alejandro Escovedo, Mason Jennings and The Flatlanders (featuring his dad, Jimmie Dale Gilmore), Gilmore spent the last year […]
Brooks & Dunn Cap Hall of Fame-Worthy Career; Ashley Monroe Signs New Deal; Carrie Underwood Snubbery
Kix Brooks and Ronnie Dunn capped their nearly 20-year career together last Thursday with “Brand New Man,” the same song that helped launch them way back in 1991. Watch a lo-fi video on YouTube (via That Nashville Sound). GAC’s Tom Roland says the show didn’t feel as final as it could have and declares the […]
Being the gracious guy that he is, Kenny Chesney wanted to give something extra to the fans with his upcoming release, Hemingway’s Whiskey. That something extra will take the form of two bonus tracks and a 30-minute DVD that includes video of an in-depth conversation with Chesney about each of the songs on a Deluxe […]
Peach Pickers In High Demand; Butch Hancock Closes Out ‘Iconic Years’ At Cactus Cafe; Bad ‘Carrie-Oke’
The trio of Rhett Akins, Dallas Davidson, and Ben Hayslip has quickly become a hot commodity in the country music songwriting realm. All three being from Georgia, they’ve embraced their newfound collective notoriety and dubbed themselves the Peach Pickers. The three friends scored their first hit as a songwriting trio in 2008 with Brooks & […]
‘American Idol’ Targets Shania; Reba Announces New Album; Jamey Johnson Talks About ‘The Guitar Song’
A source with apparent knowledge of the search for new American Idol judges named Shania Twain as a possible candidate. Austin Music Source’s John T. Davis recapped night one and night two of Butch Hancock‘s five-night No Two More Alike concert series at the Cactus Cafe. Hancock, like his songs, looked more or less ageless, […]
Craig Shelburne recapped Buddy Miller‘s artist-in-residence gig at the Country Music Hall of Fame on Tuesday, which featured special guests Tom T. Hall, Emmylou Harris, and the McCrary Sisters. With the song’s composer sitting in the front row, just a few steps away, Miller nervously introduced Tom T. Hall’s “That’s How I Got to Memphis.” […]
New releases for the week of August 10, 2010 include: Blake Shelton – All About Tonight Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Charlie Daniels – The Land That I Love Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Jerry Castle – Don’t Even Ask iTunes | MySpace Zac Brown Band‘s next album, You Get What You Give, isn’t set […]
Ruby Wright, the daughter of Johnny Wright and Kitty Wells, was found dead in her apartment on Sunday. The cause of death was presumably heart problems. Ms. Wright’s best known single was her 1964 “answer” to Roger Miller’s “Dang Me.” Her version was called “Dern Ya,” and it was featured in the Country Music Hall […]
The Americana Music Association announced the nominees for its 8th Honors and Awards ceremony yesterday. The ceremony will be held September 17 at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN during the Americana Festival and Conference and will be hosted by Jim Lauderdale, featuring a band led by Buddy Miller and additional, yet-to-be-named performers. The AMA […]
- SunsetPark: As a Pennsylvanian to this day, thanks for the list. I haven't heard the Quecreek song and so can't …
- Paul W Dennis: I would urge readers to check out the Billy Edd Wheeler salute on October 18, 2014. Billy Edd Wheeler is …
- Leeann Ward: I'm really liking Pink's folk duo song! I'm looking forward to the album!
- Donald: LOS, you made me giggle. Thank you.
- luckyoldsun: An in related news, an E.P.A. inspector is preparing to slap the cuffs on Nancy Jones tomorrow.
- luckyoldsun: Looks like old Lynn is not done saying "I beg your pardon..."
- luckyoldsun: And I hear that Pretty Boy Floyd wasn't exactly the gentleman eulogized by Woody Guthrie (and that he didn't set …
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Jeremy, I wish you the very best of luck with the release. Your moderator pick is a fine one.
- Jeremy Dylan: That FTM playlist is a grand way to spend an afternoon. SHAMELESS PLUG Btw, any Engine145 readers in Nashville on Monday night, …
- David Cantwell: Amen, Brother Barry.