The first 17 inductees into the Outlaw Music Hall of Fame were announced on Saturday night. The artists named in the first class include Hank Williams, Loretta Lynn, The Carter Family, Bobby Bare, Chris Gantry, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, David Allan Coe, Kris Kristofferson, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Johnny Paycheck, Sammi Smith, Steve Young, Jessi […]
This past Friday night, the Oak Ridge Boys were invited to become the newest members of the Grand Ole Opry in fine Little Jimmy Dickens fashion. After the Oak Ridge Boys performed “Y’All Come Back Saloon,” Dickens walked out onstage dressed as a sub-five-foot William Lee Golden with long beard and sunglasses. “All my life […]
Willie Nelson to Appear on Next Snoop Dogg Album; The Civil Wars Perform for Paste; Grammy Performances Boost Sales
Snoop Dogg‘s next album finds him collaborating with Willie Nelson: The album’s most left-of-center track is the playful “Superman.” Accompanied by guitar and harmonica, Snoop and Willie Nelson trade riffs on living life with the hands they’ve been dealt and realizing, “I’m not Superman.” The idea to work together took shape when the two artists […]
How do I say goodbye Country Music? Turn on the radio–it will help expedite the process. — Karlie Put on a Rascal Flatts album. — Sam What is “Undo It” about? “Uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh… don’t know…” — Ken It’s not widely known, but “Undo It” is actually Carrie’s tribute to […]
What does Alan Jackson like on his eggs? Cheese and corn. — Stephen He still likes bologna. — Ken A load of salsa. — Jim Hens. — CMW What message is Tim McGraw saying in Southern Voice? The message is that while most people think the South is full of uneducated rednecks and hillbillies, there […]
Songwriters: Mark Narmore & Adam Wheeler. As Roni Stoneman says, “When you’re hot, you’re hot. When you’re not, you can’t give it away.” Sad but true, and, unfortunately, that’s likely to be the fate of Buddy Jewell’s new single “Somebody Who Would Die For You.” Jewell is now 48 years old and hardly and example […]
Last.fm Top Artists The margin was a little closer this week, but Miranda Lambert is the Artist of the Week for the third straight week, with 28 listeners. Apparently, three weeks of listening to her pretty consistently required some people to take a little break and try out the rest of their music collection. George […]
Robert Earl Keen will release The Rose Hotel, his Lost Highway debut and first album since 2005, on Sept. 29. Buddy Jewell is the first artist signed to the new label ALL Entertainment, and should have a new single next month. NPR has an interview with Loudon Wainwright III and song selections from his newest […]
Opry member Mel McDaniel is in the hospital and in a medically induced coma. The Tennessean is reporting that he suffered a heart attack in June. For his next album, Lyle Lovett plans to combine originals along with songs from some of his favorite Texas singer-songwriters. The yet-to-be-titled project will be released Oct. 20. “I […]
This is the first installment in a series of Nashville Star coverage on The 9513. Be sure to visit The9513.com at 8 p.m. central on Monday, June 9th as we live blog the Nashville Star premiere on NBC. Nashville Star, long maligned as a poor man’s American Idol, has finally made it to the big […]
- Randy Prewitt: I would have to say my favorite Tom T.Hall song is "The Day Clayton Delaney Died.He has so many great …
- KathyP: "Faster Horses." Which reminds me I need to add it to my digital library.
- Leeann Ward: "Me and Jesus" and "Harper Valley PTA" are my favorites, I think. But I agree with Paul that it's not …
- Chad: "I Love" of course!
- nm: I enjoyed that Nashville recap from the Fug Girls, but the absolutely best recaps are in the Nashville Scene, by …
- Donald: "Don't Forget the Coffee, Billy Joe" is just one of my many favourites!
- paul w dennis: My favorite TTH sings are "I Can't Dance" and St. Louis Named A Shoe After Me" Of course, that just …
- luckyoldsun: Actually, it strikes me as a rather iffy subject for a museum. What kind of exhibits would they have? Jones …
- Tom: ...good idea, a george jones museum in nashville. is there a building tall enough for a voice and a career …
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.