Scotty McCreery chats with Billboard about his upcoming album. “Dirt Road Anthem” is country music, says Jason Aldean. Dehlia Low is offering a free download of the title track from upcoming album Ravens & Crows. Holly Gleason’s thoughts on Rascal Flatts: See, Rascal Flatts isn’t for everyone – especially not people who’re cool. The hipocracy […]
New Gretchen Peters Album; Willie Nelson to Agricultural Hall of Fame; Bucky Covington Accused of Theft
Hello Cruel World, Gretchen Peters’ first solo record in four years, will be released in early 2012. The album features a duet with Rodney Crowell and guest appearances by Kim Richey, Viktor Krauss, and Will Kimbrough. It contains 11 original songs written by Peters, including collaborations with Matraca Berg, Suzy Bogguss, and Tom Russell. Sara […]
Miranda Lambert Sets CMA Awards Record; ‘CMA Music Festival’ Airs Tonight; Joey+Rory To Tour with Don Williams
Even if Miranda Lambert doesn’t win anything at the upcoming CMA Awards (highly unlikely), it’ll still be quite a year. She scored several more nominations today in the following categories: entertainer of the year, female vocalist of the year, album of the year for Revolution, and she has a part in the musical event of […]
Using data from radio airplay and album sales, Billboard ranked the top 25 country artists of the past 25 years. New releases for the week of June 8, 2010 include: Cadillac Sky – Letters in the Deep Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Clay Walker – She Won’t Be Lonely Long Amazon | iTunes | MySpace […]
Ferlin Husky and Billy Sherrill Inducted to Hall of Fame; New Releases; Mac Wiseman Celebrates 85 Years
The Tennessean‘s Peter Cooper and Edward Morris both recapped Sunday evening’s Country Music Hall of Fame Medallion Ceremony (The Tennessean | CMT), which marked the official induction of Ferlin Husky and Billy Sherrill, and the invitation-only tribute to Mac Wiseman who turned 85 on Sunday (The Tennessean | CMT). Chris Young has a new three-song […]
Two Best Cowboy Records; David Allan Coe Marries; Merle Haggard Wants to Regurgitate When He Hears ____
Tom Russell on Marty Robbins‘ Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs and Tex Ritters‘ Blood on the Saddle: “If God made two better cowboy records (to paraphrase W.S. Burroughs) he kept them to his glorious self.” Country California Fake News: Craig Wiseman Turns Shopping List Into Life-Affirming Anthem With the ever-increasing sales at outlets like iTunes, […]
Joe Galante’s Departure; Lyric Street Closing; Blake Shelton Lands Record Fish; Rodney Hayden & Friends Lineup
Sony Music Nashville head honcho Joe Galante — the man responsible for launching/guiding the careers of acts like Kenny Chesney, Martina McBride, Chris Young, Carrie Underwood, and many more — announced his plans to leave the company after a nearly 40-year career. Galante is expected to assist his replacement, Gary Overton, transition into his CEO […]
How hard is it to get mosh seats at the CMT Awards? Getting the seats is easy. Moshing to Lady Antebellum is hard. — Stephen I think you’re thinking of the wrong type of award show. Wait, wait. No, you’re right. — Karlie Mosh seats? If that’s your expectation, I’d recommend against even trying. — […]
Songwriters: Liz Hengber, Thom Shepherd & Steve Williams. American Idol can be a cruel mistress. While there are are a few people, like Carrie Underwood, who have gone on to win the hearts and wallets of millions, there are many more, like Taylor Hicks, who have gone on to fill the bargain bins of big-box […]
It’s easy to think of Bucky Covington only as the crazy-haired blonde guy who finished in 8th place on Season 5 of American Idol. But after Covington signed a recording contract with Lyric Street Records, his self-titled debut became the best-selling debut artist from the country music class of 2007, opening at #1 on the […]
- Bobby P.: Thanks for the link to my one hit wonder article!
- Leeann: I'm glad you reviewed this album. I think your rating is what I'd give it too. It's a good album, …
- luckyoldsun: That Bobby Bare/Bill Parsons story has been often told, but I still don't quite understand how two then-nobodies could go …
- Leeann: The Jack Clement album is quite good!
- Donald: "Ryan Adams announced .... the August 19 release of “1984,'" Which, I'm told, is the fifteen years later update of his …
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Delighted to hear that Hot Rize have a new album coming out – and thanks for the link to that …
- luckyoldsun: Nobody can do Karaoke George Jones like Kershaw!
- Bruce: LW, Don't apologize for your Bryant comment. You were more gracious than I would have been.
- Bruce: My vote is for Marty Stuart for his exhaustive body of work that is directional yet diversified.
- Leeann: Dang! Let me write my above sentence again!: Kelley MicKwee’s album is sounding good so far too. I really like “Beautiful …