James Alan Shelton Battles Cancer; Jamie Wilson Launches Fundraising Campaign for New Album; HBO Develops Bessie Smith Biopic
James Alan Shelton, one of Ralph Stanley’s Clinch Mountain Boys, was hospitalized recently. Doctors have diagnosed him with Stage IV cancer after they found malignant masses in his pancreas and bowel; they also said that the disease has spread to his liver. Shelton will undergo therapy and says he’ll continue playing with Stanley as long […]
Church, Johnson Top Nashville Scene Critics’ Poll; CMT Begins Next Women of Country Campaign; Corb Lund Announces Tour Dates
Jamey Johnson took home Top Album honors and Eric Church’s “Springsteen” was named the No. 1 single in the Nashville Scene Country Music Critics’ Poll. Read the list of results and comments. The Scene also published a feature on Iris DeMent. Precious Bryant passed away at the age of 71. Charley Pride, Asleep at the Wheel, and […]
- luckyoldsun: Paul, Good info. It's pretty disgraceful that Billboard editors can't even get musical history remotely right regarding even their own publication. The …
- Juli Thanki: Yep, I'll be there. Looking forward to it!
- Leeann: Wow! The Look Again to the Wind: Johnny Cash’s Bitter Tears Revisited album is so good!
- Jack Williams: I was also there on Saturday, Juli. I really liked Angeleena Presley's set, too. Marty and the boys …
- Jack Williams: I heard the guy who made the documentary talks funny. That's great news. I'll definitely buy a copy …
- Dave D.: Jim Lauderdale's The Other Sessions is my favorite; just a great country records, IMO.
- Paul W Dernnis: It seems that whoever wrote that Billboard article had some bum information. As of 1993, 13 country artists had 50 …
- Leeann: My favorite Jim Lauderdale albums are his collaborations with Ralph Stanley.
- Jeremy Dylan: Correcting my typo, that should be http://jimlauderdalemovie.com
- Jeremy Dylan: @SCOOTER: Depending on where your tastes lie, I'd say I'm A Song (the new record), Pretty Close to the Truth …