The 9513 Group has grown to 127 members, but while our membership increases, the quality of our charts remains exemplary. You could take the Top 50 artists on these charts (minus Kelly Clarkson) and build a killer radio playlist with them. It’s split about 50-50 between mainstream country acts and the alt-country/country legends that make […]
The U.S. House of Representatives passed a resolution honoring country music for its contributions to America. New releases for the week of October 20, 2009 include: Bomshel – Fight Like a Girl Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Flatt & Scruggs – Foggy Mountain Banjo (Reissue) Amazon | Collector’s Choice Music Grasstowne – The Other Side […]
Is Dave Haywood going solo? Only if he thinks his latest song he’s written, “I’m Leaving The Gravy Train” is going to be a hit. – Ken No, but he will be featured on the upcoming season of Meerkat Manor. — CMW I don’t think so, because he’s a pretty integral part of… um, what […]
Gary Allan will face an “aggressive stalker” in the courtroom tomorrow. New releases for the week of May 26, 2009 include: Dave Alvin and The Guilty Women – Dave Alvin and The Guilty Women Amazon | iTunes | Rhapsody George Jones – Walk Through This World With Me – The Complete Musicor Recordings, 1965-1971 (Box […]
Where is Big Kenny? With the recent release of John Rich’s sophomore solo album Son of a Preacher Man, Big Kenny graciously decided to lay low for once and allow his partner Rich to share some of the spotlight. – Jim What does George Strait sing? Cash money, set to music. — Karlie How to […]
Little Jimmy Dickens is scheduled to host Opry segments on Friday and Saturday. It’ll be his first time back to the stage since undergoing surgery to stop bleeding on his brain in January. Craig Shelburne revisits twelve ladies, with distinctive personalities and clever songs, of the 90s who helped pave the way for the women […]
- Leeann Ward: Thanks, NM. I like a good pop hook, to be honest. So, maybe I need to try it again.
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim Z. That changes everything. I surrender.
- Jim Z: to call the Dirty River Boys an "Austin area band" is still incorrect. They are based in El Paso.
- nm: Leeann, you and I often have similar tastes in more-traditional country. And, to my ears, Sam Hunt's voice and lyrics …
- Barry Mazor: Matter of fact, as always--I did. The notes say the album was recorded & mixed by and at "The …
- Roger: Looking forward to picking up the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP - love all of those songs and can't wait for …
- Jim Z: that record was recorded in El Paso. (you could look it up) and other than appearing in Austin once in …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, I can always use more dobro in my life! Thanks for the Phil Leadbetter tip! I haven't been able to …
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim. The record's more or less out of Austin. But I'm sure they're also good in El Paso...
- Jim Z: Dirty River Boys are from El Paso, Texas.