2013 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Dates Unveiled; Natalie Maines to Release Solo Record; New Music Videos
Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks will release a new album called Mother on May 7. The album is produced by Ben Harper. Andy Griggs and Bobby Pinson have written a song, called “20 Little Angels,” about the victims of the Newtown shooting tragedy. 100% of the proceeds from the sales of the song, including iTunes […]
Songwriters: Toby Keith and Bobby Pinson The first two singles from Toby Keith’s latest album, Bullets in the Gun, have landed short of the Top Ten (“Trailerhood” and the title track). It’s a rare double miss for the ACM Entertainer of the Year nominee after nearly 20 years of chart success. He returns to radio […]
Kristofferson Honored As BMI Icon; Live Video Stream of Underwood at Opry; Hough & Wicks Call It Quits
Kris Kristofferson was named a BMI Icon at last night’s BMI Country Awards and Bobby Pinson took home the award for songwriter of the year. Visit The Tennessean for a full list of winners. In light of today’s holiday, revisit The 9513′s playlist “20 Top War and Soldier Songs.” George Strait‘s publicist confirmed that the […]
Say what you will about Toby Keith, but he’s nothing if not a hard worker. It’s been less than a year since That Don’t Make Me A Bad Guy was released (hell, the gold record probably isn’t even hung up in the Show Dog Nashville office) and here he is with another album, one that’s […]
Brad Paisley & Carrie Underwood To Host CMA Awards A Second Time; Opry Revives Country Classics Series
Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood will return as hosts for the three-hour broadcast of the CMA Awards on Nov. 11. Beginning Sept. 20, the Grand Ole Opry will bring back its Country Classics series for an eight-week run. Quick, what’s the last song you heard? Jack Ingram met his goal of 215 interviews to officially […]
Music City TV is reporting that Little Jimmy Dickens moved from the hospital to a nearby rehabilitation center yesterday. Ashley Monroe, Jack White and Brendan Benson talk about the chemistry behind the bluegrass inspired recording of “Old Enough” in a video for CMT. Pitchfork‘s Stephen M. Deusner on the Johnny Cash Remixed album: I’ve been […]
Songwriters: Toby Keith and Bobby Pinson After the clunker that was “She’s A Hottie,” Toby Keith and Bobby Pinson hook up again to bring us the first single, “She Never Cried In Front Of Me,” from Keith’s next album. While it’s not nearly as melodramatic as “It’s Not Supposed To Go Like That,” a song […]
Catherine Britt – Little Wildflower Catherine Britt released her third album, Little Wildflower, in her native Australia. This album, produced by Brett Beavers, attempts to cover ground in both contemporary and traditional country and while her contemporary contributions are decent, they blend in with current offerings from other artists. However, Britt’s performance and smoky vocals […]
First off, Happy New Year to everyone. To start the new year off, we’ve compiled a list of the best songs from 2007. The staff had a lengthy discussion about which songs should be available for nomination for such a list and we decided that a song had to be an original recording on an […]
Jason Boland and the Stragglers were busy playing a normal show in Bossier City this past Saturday when a random stranger from the crowd decided he was ready for football season to start a little early this year. The unidentified man referred to as “Jackass” ran on stage, dove through the drum set and tackled […]
- Janice Brooks: Hopes somebody gets those memos about drinking songs. Meanwhile I'm feeling a lot of slots with Bluegrass.
- Leeann: Great news about Ricky Skaggs and Sharon White's duet album! Absolutely appalling about the Keith Urban concert!! Both the rape and …
- bob: I found the Billboard article about country music radio needing an alcohol intervention interesting. Songwriter Adam Wright is quoted as …
- Matt: Definitely agree with C.M. about Maddie & Tae. Certainly not the tidal wave of change some claimed it is or …
- Dave D.: Good stuff, as always. My copy of Producing Country arrived yesterday, and it looks to be as good as …
- Scooter: I agree Holly Williams can do no wrong in my eyes. Such a good album and great to see live …
- Carrie Mclaughlin: Your my Hero Mr. Jim Lauderdale!!! Come to Alaska Please? hehehehe
- Jeremy Dylan: You should check it out Dave D. It's from the first (and strongest) season.
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.