Keith Urban to Undergo Throat Surgery; Larry Cordle Plans New Project; Give Me the Banjo Airs Tonight
Later this month, Keith Urban will undergo throat surgery to remove a polyp from his vocal cords. He’s planning on honoring pre-existing single song commitments, but other appearances and lengthier performances (including his All for the Hall fundraiser) will be postponed and rescheduled in 2012. Chet Flippo’s newest Nashville Skyline column is all about Vince […]
At last night’s annual International Bluegrass Music Awards, Dailey & Vincent triumphed — again, maintaining their hold on the entertainer of the year and top vocal group categories for the third year in a row. The duo also notched wins for album of the year for their tribute project Dailey & Vincent Sing the Statler […]
Nominees for the 21st annual International Bluegrass Music Awards were announced this morning and once again, Dailey & Vincent top the list with 10 nominations. Russell Moore & IIIrd Tyme Out follow with six nods and right on their heels are Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper, Sam Bush, and The Grascals with five apiece. The full […]
Charlie Daniels Suffered Mild Stroke While Snowmobiling; Halfway To Hazard Cancels Concerts; Alan Jackson’s Beard
Charlie Daniels suffered a mild stroke while snowmobiling in Colorado last Friday. Fortunately, he’s reported to be doing well and will not have to cancel any concert dates. Meanwhile, Halfway to Hazard postponed all concerts and appearances indefinitely while one-half of the duo, David Tolliver, deals with personal issues. New releases for the week of […]
Country Music Hall of Famer Carl Smith Passed Away; Tom T. Hall to Headline WCRS Live!; Stream Patty Griffin
Country Music Hall of Famer Carl Smith passed away in his home on Saturday at the age of 82. “From the minute he came out, I wanted to look like him, tried to comb my hair like him and learned every song he ever recorded,” Waylon Jennings once said of Mr. Smith, who retired from […]
The 2008 International Bluegrass Music Awards were passed out tonight as the bluegrass community descended upon the Ryman in Nashville, TN to find out who this year’s recipients would be. The show was hosted by Del McCoury, but the big winner of the night was the new group Dailey & Vincent. They wrested the Vocal […]
Blue Highway – Through the Window of a Train If Dierks Bentley ever makes a bluegrass album, and I suspect that he will, it would sound a lot like this. The Dierksache may not much resemble Tim Stafford’s high lonesome, but Through the Window of a Train finds this veteran bluegrass group crooning a self-penned […]
- Jack Williams: I'm a little surprised to hear of Shelby Lynne signing with another label, even if it is Rounder. She …
- A.B.: THREE new albums from Sturgill next year?! I'm excited for that!
- Keith Samuels: I can't wait to listen to the entire recording. What a treasure.
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …
- bll: I'm happy for any new music from Trisha. I hope MCA doesn't decide to repackage her old stuff and release …
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …
- Linda Salmons: Whoaa!!!! Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Beautiful tone and nuance - unmistakably Auldridge.
- Michael A.: Billboard also posted a pretty good piece on the new Trisha Yearwood album yesterday. Unfortunately, it sounds like only …
- Kathy Gaddis: Very very nice!